CrowdSupport®
Betsyhelfire
Level 2: Rookie

Billing Just get it right

Why oh why can you not get a simple bill correct.  How on the same bill you bill me for a bundle and then bill me for internet seperatly?  I have been on the phone 22 min

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Billing Just get it right

Hi there,

Sorry you are having issues with your bill, and that you have been on the phone for that length of time. Hopefully the problem will be solved shortly for you.

Next time perhaps give our Live Chat team a try - they are online 24x7 and the wait times are great. Here's the link: https://livechat.telstra.com/

Regards,
Luke
Betsyhelfire

Tell me why if you overcharge me then do a credit I must pay the overcharged bill then wait for a credit next month?  If i short pay you will give me a late payment fee?  30 min on the phone now having a great time.  Would the answer be any diferent if I logged onto live chat?

Level 21: Augmented

You do realise this is a Telstra Community forum mostly comprised of volunteers who don't even work at Telstra? Sometimes paid services aren't flawless, I had to wait for my car an extra 30 minutes when it got a service but that's just how it happened, I didn't feel the need to have a rant at the mechanic for fixing my problem in the end.
Lathania

get real, if your a Telstra employee who does not comment on behalf of the Company, then don't.

This forum has been setup by Telstra and is for Customers to post the good and bad service they receive with the hope that Telstra employee's that monitor this site can, an do actually assist with problems what ever they may be.

Highlighted
Betsyhelfire

Lathania

I can apreciate your desire to defend Telstra and I comend you for doing that, the fact is the people at Telstra I have been in contact with in customer service are generally very helpful and eventually solve my problem,  I even left some positive feedback about the specific customer suport person who eventually solved my problem today.

Regardless Telstra has some systemic problems in their billing systems.  I am sure when your car was half an hour late they did not transfer you to an off shore call center only to be told the system was down for maintenence and will be up and running at 1 am.   When you call back at 1.30 you get told "didn't you call earlier " the system is down for maintenence but will available from 7.30 am (Now if you (Telstra)  can tell me I called earlier you (Telstra) could have put a note on the account to fix the issue or even aranged to call back when the system was available??? 

I did not seek out the forum I was directed to it by Telstra to fix the issue and I indulged myself to vent my frustrations on it, for that I make no apology.  If you work at Telstra you would know that there are some issues with the systems (No not the people the systems) if customers dont complain then the problems are not addressed and you will be out of a job as customers leave.  I was looking at your opposition website while on hold about to change my service when the call was finally answered and the problem was eventually solved.

Betsyhelfire

To clarify on the "must pay overcharge post",  I did question the customer Service person who was helpful and she checked with her supervisor.  You can have the overcharge credited in the billing cycle after all and just pay what is owing and not get a late payment fee on the account for not paying the overcharge.  It is my understanding though this would not have happened unless I asked.   A Telstra Employee may want to clarify that for the people my origional information was pay the full bill it will then be credited the next month.

Level 21: Augmented

@kevina63 wrote:

get real, if your a Telstra employee who does not comment on behalf of the Company, then don't.

This forum has been setup by Telstra and is for Customers to post the good and bad service they receive with the hope that Telstra employee's that monitor this site can, an do actually assist with problems what ever they may be.

"The purpose of the Telstra CrowdSupport (crowdsupport.telstra.com.au) website is to provide Telstra customers and others with a central place to ask customer service questions about Telstra consumer products, services or related topics. These questions can then be managed by both Telstra employees and/or other community members. Its overall goal is to make finding solutions to commonly asked questions easier."

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Welcome-Guidelines/Read-me-first-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4

I'm just being realistic here.

@ The OP your comments are fair and you make a good point, as long as you know that sometimes mistakes do happen and all technology has its issues Smiley Wink

Lathania

Rant aside can you clarify the payment upfront for billing mistakes?  Is it really policy to make people pay and wait till the next month for a credit?  Your customers would be happy with some clarity I am sure!  Also I am sure your staff would like to have clarity on this also so they can keep their customers informed.

kevina63

hmm, Telstra consumer products, services or related topics.

No wonder customers have problems when staff don't understand the basic in above para.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@kevina63 wrote:

Actually, no its not:

Telstra Crowd Support does not replace existing Telstra customer service or complaints resolution forums, but it is an arena for discussion and for two-way feedback. You may wish to direct any individual customer service issues or complaints to the channels listed on our contact us page.  Any individual service issue reported via Telstra Crowd Support may be forwarded to an appropriate Telstra Business representative who will attempt to contact you via email, or via the Telstra Crowd Support blogs, to resolve the matter.

In addition:

All Telstra employees participating in Telstra Crowd Support should be aware of Telstra’s Social Media Policy – Telstra’s 3 Rs of Social Media Engagement (PDF – 61KB). This policy sets out three basic principles for social media engagement, Representation, Responsibility and Respect (the 3 Rs).

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@Betsyhelfire wrote:

Rant aside can you clarify the payment upfront for billing mistakes?  Is it really policy to make people pay and wait till the next month for a credit?  Your customers would be happy with some clarity I am sure!  Also I am sure your staff would like to have clarity on this also so they can keep their customers informed.

From my understanding (as an Ex-Employee of Telstra) the Company policy is to "Hold" the account for 30 days (ie: Until your next bill is generated. (Assuming 13 digit account number here) LiveChat should be able to "Hold" your account for at least 30 days until the next bill is generated.

Depending on how the credit was applied you may notice that it says "Overdue: $xx.xx" and you see a credit for the same amount. This is due to the way the credit has been processed, but the hold amount is irrelevant.

In addition, the Consumer Protection codes and the TIO Position Statements affirm that you should not be required to pay for charges which are under dispute.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Betsyhelfire

Just got the next Bill!  Yes the credit apeared on the bill but the same problem has happened AGAIN.  I begin the whole process again.....Please Please Please JUST GET IT RIGHT! 

Betsyhelfire

Another 40 min on the phone and still not fixed!

Betsyhelfire

Still not fixed and asked to pay the overcharge today and we will credit in next months bill!  I explained that i was not keen on paying my bill two months in advance

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now