CrowdSupport®
Jake51
Level 1: Cadet

Billing after account has been deleted

Answered

Hi there,

I cancelled my service with Telstra and deactivated my account on the 13/14th December (at which point I asked if there was any outstanding billing) and later have received emails saying that I owe $3.33.

I’ve tried to resolve thing many times through the 24/7 app, live chat or online - but none of these work now that my account has been deleted (this however does for some reason?). Telstra have no working email addresses for enquiries so I cannot get in touch at all. I do not have a working number at the moment, and if I had would not ring due to being charged internation rates (which happened previously using a “free” number given by an Telstra agent).

The people I used to live with have just informed me (as they received some mail) that I am now being charged a $50 late fee, which I think is completely unacceptable given the fact that when I closed the account I checked whether anything was outstanding and the response was that there wasn’t.

Regards,

Jake

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Billing after account has been deleted

Ah, you're using an iPhone to access Livechat. They use iMessage as Safari doesn't work with Livechat. If you have a computer, then it will work (you may also be able to download Chrome onto your iPhone and use that, but I can't confirm that myself as I don't use Apple products).

Telstra don't use email for customer service (except for specific products).

The only other method of contact is via the 132200 number or going in to a Telstra Shop (they won't be able to assist with waiving the late fee however).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

You can chat with a consultant via https://livechat.telstra.com to and call charges.  You can also lodge a formal complaint via https://Telstra.com/complaints

Note: accounts aren't deleted when you cancel a service. Your account number still exists in the system. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jake51

Thanks for getting in touch - the livechat link does not work, it takes you to a text messaging service instead.

I know my account number exists but my profile is deleted, so I cannot access any of the Telstra features; the 24/7 app, log in online or access billing options.

Can I have an email address for someone who works in billing, or any other option to help me pay the $3.33 I owe?

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Yes, they have been testing / implementing a iMessage system for people on iOS devices, it will work like chat where they can still help with your account, but it is less instant. You message and they look into it and then get back to you when your message is the first in their queue. 

they don’t have email as an contact option though, as it is not considered to be a secure contact method. The complaint team is the only one who can assist via email and that is only once they have verified your details using the complaint form. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Accepted Solution

Ah, you're using an iPhone to access Livechat. They use iMessage as Safari doesn't work with Livechat. If you have a computer, then it will work (you may also be able to download Chrome onto your iPhone and use that, but I can't confirm that myself as I don't use Apple products).

Telstra don't use email for customer service (except for specific products).

The only other method of contact is via the 132200 number or going in to a Telstra Shop (they won't be able to assist with waiving the late fee however).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Jake51

Ahh right. Thanks guys. Didn’t think of that. Ill livechat using a pc when I next can. Cheers Smiley Happy 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit