CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MRS1
Level 2: Rookie

Billing and Payments

Answered

I am a new customer to Telstra and when my new phone came and activated, I got a bill 4 days later for a months payment!?

I was told I just pay the monthly fee starting at the end of the month not a few days later?

I phoned Telstra and they couldn't give me an answer saying they couldn't see the bill but it's on my 24x7 account dashboard.

Colour me confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Deedz
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Billing and Payments

Welcome to Telstra! XD

All services are billed in advance with Telstra, and when you sign up your billing cycle is randomly generated. It just happened to be 4 days after you activated.

Rest assured however you are only paying monthly charges and nothing else ( unless you've gone over your usage allowance).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy
Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Deedz
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Welcome to Telstra! XD

All services are billed in advance with Telstra, and when you sign up your billing cycle is randomly generated. It just happened to be 4 days after you activated.

Rest assured however you are only paying monthly charges and nothing else ( unless you've gone over your usage allowance).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy
Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer
MRS1
Level 2: Rookie

You’re a legend, Thankyou! Would have been nice if Telstra to let me know this when I got my phone, especially since not all companies do it that way - Constructive crisiticism Smiley Happy

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now