Highlighted
sarahdonnan
Level 1: Cadet

Billing - double charge for tbox

Hi,

I was recently advised to upgrade to a cable bundle plan by a Telstra rep when I updated by mobile and tablet plan.  There were a series of difficulties regarding installing the cable, getting the connection activated and logging on - all difficulties that had to be resolved by Telstra - as well as Telstra sending us two additional tbox units and one additional modem.  Despite several requests, no satchels of the return of these items of equipment have been successfully received.  We managed to offload the two t-box units at our local Telstra shop, but they refused to take the modem.  We are therefore still waiting for a satchel for this.

From discussions in the Telstra shop, we are currently paying for two T boxes, one on the bundle (as we pay $115 per month) and one as an $11 per month fee.  Please CORRECT THIS on our bill.

We were told that the upgraded cable and phone plans would not be any more money than what we were paying.  Our average bill before the change was $270 pm.  With the addition of the tablet plan, I expected this to rise to around $295 pm.  Our average bill over the last three months since the change has been $389.30!!  A staggering $280 in additional set up, delivery, kit, activation and other fees.  You will also be able to see from the records on the account how many additional phone calls and conversations we have had to carry out to get the new system in place, a complete waste of our time.  This upgrade has therefore been a total disaster from our point of view.

Kind regards,

One Unhappy Customer

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Billing - double charge for tbox

Hi sarahdonnan,

Wow! it sounds like you've been through quite a lot since upgrading your bundle, apologies that you've not had a resolution to this as yet Smiley Sad

I would suggest lodging a Complaint by calling us on 132200 & saying Complaint so a case manager can be assigned to assist you with this further

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

sarahdonnan
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

Is there anyway I can lodge a complaint without calling? Although it is nice to talk through with someone, it takes too much time out of a busy work day.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Yes there are a few methods you can do this for more information check here  http://www.telstra.com.au/help/contact-us/complaints/

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more