Bring back Telstra bills as attachment

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Bring back Telstra bills as attachment

For years Telstra has attached monthly bills in emails...today they've stopped this practice, and now ONLY send notice that a bill is ready and FORCE customers to go on to their account to download the bill/invoice. That's incredibly stupid because it simply adds more steps to what was a very convenient online process. Frankly, if Telstra does NOT bring back the former process, I'll opt in for mailed invoices...see how cost effective that will be. What are you thinking???

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

You can change your preferences online in Telstra My Account to "Email to me......" > "My Bill + Usage"

Log into Telstra My Account and go to "View Bill History" > "Update Bill Delivery & Notification Preferences"

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

I actually prefer not to have my personal details transmitted over a non secure medium.. 

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Pheeww! I was getting a bit worried there that I was special as I still have my pdf bill attached to the email that I received. Smiley Wink

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

"I'll opt in for mailed invoices...see how cost effective that will be. What are you thinking???"

I believe that there is a charge for mailed bills...

And yes, I am still receiving them too - just few days ago, actually.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Highlighted

@zack11 I think with the recent upgrade changes to Telstra 24/7 it has caused a ripple effect with certain options failing.

As @cf4 has mentioned, just check your settings. You might have to save it with the option of email attachments off, then turn it back on and save. Mine still comes through as attachments via outlook and I have them automatically going to its own sub folder when incoming email gets processed. 

These days snail mail is the cause of so much fraud that anything important with account/personal details I opt for emails.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi folks, well it turns out that after moving house and updating my account, Telstra sent the email I referred to without a copy of the invoice to one address, and then sent the normal email WITH the invoice to my Bigpond email. Why they sent out 2 different emails is strange, but at least I'm still getting the invoice as desired.  Thank you everyone for your comments...glad for the support.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit