CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MizM
Level 1: Cadet

Broadband added to single billing

Answered

Hi,

I need to upgrade my broadband to a larger download limit.

But I also need to get it added to my Telstra billing account - at the moment it comes on its own account/bill.

Then apparently I can take advantage of a discount.

But I live 100 kms or more away from a Telstra shop (and they are always too busy to answer the phone in my experience) - and the idea of talking to someone in a call centre in a country that doesn't speak English as a first language leaves me cold.

And it can take forever to get your problem solved - as you are passed around to different people - everyone has a story to tell about this sort of thing!!

So is there another way that I can get this sorted out? With an Australian Telstra assistant?

Please let me know what I can do, because I have started running out of Gigabytes regularly, and I need to sort this out.

Thanks in advance - hope you can help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: Broadband added to single billing

If your Broadband is with Bigpond then you can either call Bigpond on 137663 (13POND) or if you do not want to talk to anyone you can do it yourself by going to the Bigpond website www.bigpond.com.au and clicking on the' My Bigpond 'button on the top right hand side of the page

Once there it will ask for your username and password.  Your username is the bigpond email address associated with your Bigpond account.  eg: yourname@bigpond.com.  Your password will be the password that you set it up with when you originally connected up the service.

If you do not know this you can call Bigpond Tech Support on 133 933.  Now this is usually an automated service but if you say "Consultant" a couple of times it will take you to a real person to talk to. 

Once in your My Bigpond account you can choose to change your plan there to a higher GB allowance.  Im also pretty sure you can choose to change it the next billing cycle or with a 24 hour period depending on your situation.

As for single billing your Bigpond to your other account and you cannot get into a Telstra Store to do this, you can either call 13 22 00 or if you do not want to call up follow this link which will show you the steps on how to apply for a single bill online.

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/how-do-i-apply-for-a-single-bill-online

Hope this helps.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!

View solution in original post

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@MizM wrote:

Hi,

But I also need to get it added to my Telstra billing account - at the moment it comes on its own account/bill.

But I live 100 kms or more away from a Telstra shop (and they are always too busy to answer the phone in my experience) - and the idea of talking to someone in a call centre in a country that doesn't speak English as a first language leaves me cold.

And it can take forever to get your problem solved - as you are passed around to different people - everyone has a story to tell about this sort of thing!!

So is there another way that I can get this sorted out? With an Australian Telstra assistant?

Please let me know what I can do, because I have started running out of Gigabytes regularly, and I need to sort this out.

@you can also contact the Telstra Team in Adelaide via Facebook Live Chat (24/7) and via @telstra on twitter if you would prefer to deal with a person online Smiley Happy

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

If your Broadband is with Bigpond then you can either call Bigpond on 137663 (13POND) or if you do not want to talk to anyone you can do it yourself by going to the Bigpond website www.bigpond.com.au and clicking on the' My Bigpond 'button on the top right hand side of the page

Once there it will ask for your username and password.  Your username is the bigpond email address associated with your Bigpond account.  eg: yourname@bigpond.com.  Your password will be the password that you set it up with when you originally connected up the service.

If you do not know this you can call Bigpond Tech Support on 133 933.  Now this is usually an automated service but if you say "Consultant" a couple of times it will take you to a real person to talk to. 

Once in your My Bigpond account you can choose to change your plan there to a higher GB allowance.  Im also pretty sure you can choose to change it the next billing cycle or with a 24 hour period depending on your situation.

As for single billing your Bigpond to your other account and you cannot get into a Telstra Store to do this, you can either call 13 22 00 or if you do not want to call up follow this link which will show you the steps on how to apply for a single bill online.

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/how-do-i-apply-for-a-single-bill-online

Hope this helps.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@MizM wrote:

Hi,

@you can also contact the Telstra Team in Adelaide via Facebook Live Chat (24/7) and via @telstra on twitter if you would prefer to deal with a person online Smiley Happy

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now