CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
haystacks1
Level 4: Private Eye

Bundle account taking money too early

Why does Telstra advise that money will be taken from my bank account on a particular date and then takes it 3 days earlier than the account shows that it will be removed. When i ring and complain they say they will check and get back to me. Still waiting.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Bundle account taking money too early

That is unusual,

Usually debits are done for the full amount of the bill on the due date, or for set amounts on a fortnightly or monthly basis... If the debit has only just come out, it may be that it has not cleared on Telstra's system and that has been a part of the delay in them getting back to you, but unfortunantly I don't think anyone here will be much help with this issue, because it is going to likely either be a system error, which will require them to resolve or a manual processing error where the incorrect date was entered on a set debit.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey haystacks1

That is really unusual and I'm sorry that you have not heard back about this one yet. 

I've sent you a PM to follow up on this one for you

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

haystacks1

Thanks for your reply but everything has been working ok for my monthly accounts .This time the money was removed several days before the due date which should have been the following month.Telstra have the account as paid.

haystacks1

Maybe the reply i was getting went into cyberspace, When money is taken from my Telstra account earlier than it should have been somebody must have an answer. Will it happen next month ?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Haystacks

I'm not able to give you an answer on this one until I can check into your account. If you can reply to my PM I'm more than happy to look further into this for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Heystacks, if you look up the top right of the screen when you are logged in you should see an envelope that is where you can check the PM if you didn't know where to look. Smiley Happy
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now