CrowdSupport®
ChrisW56
Level 1: Cadet

Caller tones

Beware of Callertones scam!

Just had it enabled on my mobile without my authority or action. Then to add insult to injury, had Carlton Football song added as my default!

Telstra appears reluctant to accept responsibility for this and would have happily charged me for the service had I not complained.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Caller tones

Hi @ChrisW56

I'm sorry to hear that, we don't just provision caller tones on people's services though, so it's interesting that you ended up with the Carlton club song. Has this been resolved now?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Sqirrell
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, I believe the caller tones have been removed but I'm still waiting on an explanation of how the subscription was enabled without authority, and how the Carlton theme song "purchase" was happened without my authority. Also waiting for compensation for my time wasted on this unsolicited issue:-(

It seems to me there has been hacking either on my account or Telstra's systems. Interesting to find out if others have had a similar problem recently.

The most annoying part of this exercise was having to deal with Telstra's 1st line of support (132200). I suspect the 1st line call centre are marked down for passing queries on to more appropriate / advanced support as my continued experience with them is that they BLOCK effective rectification of faults that are not solved by their standard customer scripts by repeating their scripts and refusing to escalate........bloody frustrating and a waste of customers time!
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry to hear of your frustration with the call to 13 22 00 and these other issues. What was advised at the end of the call? Are they investigating and going to contact you back with an update regarding how this came about and the compensation request?

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now