CrowdSupport®
Blacky17557
Level 6: Bloodhound

Can I give my Telstra iPad to a family member if I keep paying the monthly fee??

Hi. 

I am currently on a $29 per month plan with Telstra for an Apple iPad WiFi and Cellular.

I have approx 18 months left of this 2 year contract.

My question is - Can I give this iPad to my sister who lives in Melbourne (I live in Rural Victoria) and just keep paying the $29 until the contract is ended.

I know there is probably an easy answer but I just needed to check this first to make sure that it doesn't create any conflict with Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Can I give my Telstra iPad to a family member if I keep paying the monthly fee??

Yes. Telstra don't care who uses it. Just remember that you are financially responsible for it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Can I give my Telstra iPad to a family member if I keep paying the monthly fee??

Separate to the ownership responsibility already alluded to, you will be responsible to Telstra if there are any extra data etc charges when not under your control.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Blacky17557
Level 6: Bloodhound

Thanks for both the replies - appreciated!!

I thought this would be the case but just needed some clarity.

Thanks again .........

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now