Highlighted
Robh
Level 2: Rookie

Can I see Fixed bill online

Answered

Hi All

I have had a number of Errors fixed by Telstra consultants on my current bill. Is it possible (Online) to see if they have been fixed before the next billing cycle? (e.g. Removal of a cancellation fee)

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I see Fixed bill online

I don't know that you would see something like that until a bill is generated anyway, only a day or two difference between when it is generated and when it arrives in the mail (for me at least)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

From my experience there are two types of credits applied to an account.

One of them is visible almost immediately in your outstanding balance in My Account, however the other isn't visible until the next bill is collated and issued.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Robh
Accepted Solution

Thanks for that info, it's about what I thought. It would save Telstra and customers a lot of work and worry if we could see the corrected bill without having to wait.

Rob

Accepted Solution

Thanks for that more detailed explanation of the 2 types of credits I alluded to Ben. Smiley Happy
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@Ben_F wrote:

The other way to do it is to apply an order to add a credit line on the next bill. Because these come on the next account, its not possible to see them in OLB until the next bill is generated.

Just FYI for those playing at home, "OLB" stands for Online Billing.

Edit: Oh, and "FYI" stands for For Your Information. Smiley Wink

Although I am Telstra staff, any views I express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra.
Accepted Solution

whenever speaking to them on stuff like this ask them to make notes on your account as it at least gives some reference should you have the problem continue and have to call up again
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Accepted Solution

I don't know that you would see something like that until a bill is generated anyway, only a day or two difference between when it is generated and when it arrives in the mail (for me at least)

Accepted Solution

From my experience there are two types of credits applied to an account.

One of them is visible almost immediately in your outstanding balance in My Account, however the other isn't visible until the next bill is collated and issued.

Robh
Accepted Solution

Thanks for that info, it's about what I thought. It would save Telstra and customers a lot of work and worry if we could see the corrected bill without having to wait.

Rob

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rob,

It depends on how the credit is applied. If they decide to simply void the line that has the charge, your account balance should update instantly (from what I've seen).

The other way to do it is to apply an order to add a credit line on the next bill. Because these come on the next account, its not possible to see them in OLB until the next bill is generated.

Example: If I waive your cancellation charges, thats a single line, therefore it should be done using the first process. If I'm waiving $100.00 worth of calls, then to avoid having to void each line, I'll just apply a $100 credit as its own line.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Accepted Solution

Thanks for that more detailed explanation of the 2 types of credits I alluded to Ben. Smiley Happy

Ben_F

@Kalak wrote:

Your welcome Smiley Happy. Figured the extra would help with the "Why" Smiley Happy

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@Ben_F wrote:

Just FYI for those playing at home, "OLB" stands for Online Billing.

Edit: Oh, and "FYI" stands for For Your Information. Smiley Wink

Although I am Telstra staff, any views I express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra.
Robh

Thanks All for the help and the reasons "Why".Smiley Happy  It is frustrating to me and others that we need to wait to find out if the "Problem has been solved". I have spoken to and explained the problem to 5 different people (1 I was transfered to was a tech support person who couldn't help) and spent at least 3 hours on the phone and I still don't know if it's fixed. I am very happy with each person I have spoken too but the "System" doesn't help promote good service.  

Rob

Accepted Solution

whenever speaking to them on stuff like this ask them to make notes on your account as it at least gives some reference should you have the problem continue and have to call up again
Ben_F

@jokiin wrote:

And don't be afraid to either contact us Via LiveChat, Over the Phone, or in a Telstra Store, to confrim that the resolution has been actioned if you feel the need.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more