CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ke3pup
Level 1: Cadet

Can't recharge my prepaid account - Can't update payment details - help needed

Answered

Hi all,

I've been trying to recharge my prepaid account last 3 days but cannot do it. I had the "Scheduled Recharge" setup based on account Balance where if the account balance dropped below $5 it should have recharge with $30 amount, that has stopped working so i went online to try and recharge myself.

First try was via "Recharge Now" link  in My account page:

Payment option : Credit Card

Recharge amount : $30

Ticked Registered Credit Card

Confirm OK

ERROR : "Your recharge has failed for the following reason: 
Your Telstra Pre-Paid Plus account has been suspended from recharge. Please call Telstra on 1258880.
Our hours of operation are 8am 9pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 7pm Saturday and 10am - 7pm Sunday
We apologise for any inconvenience."

I tried "Update Payment Details" :

I can see my credit card already listed there but just to make sure i clicked "Replace" and re-entered my credit card details. Error i got was:

"Your request could not be processed.
There may be a temporary problem, or the system may be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again later.
If problem persists, please contact Telstra on 1258880.
Our hours of operation are 8am - 9pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 7pm Saturday and 10am - 7pm Sunday
We apologise for any inconvenience."

So i called 1258880 and they suggest why don't you:

1) call #100# 

has anyone actually tried this? I have a Lumia 800 850Mhz and it is the slowest way possible. First you Dial #100# at which point the phone says "PLEASE WAIT" after a while waiting menu ,"Pick 1 to recharge...etc" , Problem is you cannot actually pick anything, tapping the menu doesn't do anything. the keyboard won't popup so you cannot type anything.... so i gave up on that method!

2) sms 

so i tried by sending a message to 125 88 85.

'30 XXXX' (i put in my recharge pin instead of XXXX) and i got a reply saying "there is no credit card associated with this account" !!!

i don't know what is going on here.  Anyone have same issue? Telstra are you interested to help at all? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't recharge my prepaid account - Can't update payment details - help needed

Sounds like something tripped the fraud system. Would suggest trying 13 22 00 and saying "PrePaid" and pushing the option to speak to a consultant.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't recharge my prepaid account - Can't update payment details - help needed

Sounds like something tripped the fraud system. Would suggest trying 13 22 00 and saying "PrePaid" and pushing the option to speak to a consultant.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi  ke3pup,

Thank you for taking the time to raise this concern on CrowdSupport. 

I am sorry that you have had trouble trying to recharge your Telstra Pre-Paid account. What you have explained in your post is certainly very odd, and as such I would like the opportunity to investigate this further for you and get you recharged and connected as soon as possible. 

So that I can investigate this further and get the error fixed, can you please supply me with your details via the below online form:

<snip>

When filling out the form, in the description field please include your Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile number, your best contact number and best times to call. 

I am currently working today and over the weekend between 2:00 PM and 10:00 PM SA local time. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ke3pup

Thanks @TheL for following up and for the call. The issue is now fixed and i am able to recharge successfully.

Thanks you Smiley Happy

doonsta87

My wife's phone does the exact same thing. How was this problem fixed?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@doonsta87 wrote:

My wife's phone does the exact same thing. How was this problem fixed?

Hi doonsta87, 

It's an account security feature that we need to deactivate on your account, to allow you to recharge again. 

The easiest way to have this fixed is to speak with our Pre-Paid support team on 132200 or chat with them Online to have it removed. 

Alternatively, send me a private message so that I can get further details from you and process this for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

shamanguide
Level 2: Rookie

hi cannot recharge my account My Mobile Number: <removed> which is prepaid i have tried and tried but unable to do so can u please advise as i have same problem that was fixed on this thread i have auto connected to deduct from account but seems the error message is same  and response same i contacted number and chatted onine but they said it is active and sim ok but i cannot recharge at all i havent used for an while but now need to i am on borrowed net as i am remote but have signal..can u advise my email is <removed>..Thank u ..cheers steve

shamanguide

hi thanks went onto live chat and was in the queue about 4 th i think and system went down ..lol..said livechat unavailable so will try later i guess i am not reallt tech savvy as all i do is plug netstick in and recharge when necassary anything is too much information just wondering if sim has expiry date..

thanks again

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi shamanguide, 

I've had to remove your email address and mobile number from this thread, as it's public and anyone opening this forum can see it. 

Regarding the issue you are having recharging, you'd need to call and speak with our Pre-Paid team and advise them that your Credit Card has been barred and they'll be able to assist you in arranging the removal of the barring. Our Live Chat team can't do this for you, as we'd need your Credit Card number to do so.

Our staff don't have access to systems until tomorrow though, due to some maintenance that we are completing so just chat with us then :-)

shamanguide

hi thank you very much will do that as chat is unable to fix need prepaid phone number tho..i will need to get an landline as i am in the middle of nowhere using telstra net..thanks again as i said have no idea why or how but guess they can help..

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now