CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Shady43
Level 1: Cadet

Canceling a prepaid sim

Answered
How do I cancel a prepaid sim account from my Telstra app?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Canceling a prepaid sim

You don't cancel a Prepaid SIM. Six months after the last recharge expires, the SIM is automatically cancelled.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

You don't cancel a Prepaid SIM. Six months after the last recharge expires, the SIM is automatically cancelled.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi Shady43,

3 week's ago I deactivated a Prepaid sim by calling the Prepaid Team on 132200.
It took around 24 hours for that mobile phone number to be automatically removed from the 24/7 App.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now