Tim7737
Level 2: Rookie

Cancellation bill too high

I cancelled a telstra go mobile swap (swapped to iPhone 8 12 months in October 2017) plan 10 months early. The contract states $10 monthly lease payments for $10, plus the $15/ month early termination fee... around $250? Can you therefore tell me why my plan contract termination is $691? This is ridiculous I don’t understand. You took my iphone7 back in perfect condition to ‘swap’ to an iPhone 8, then charge me what seems to be the full amount for that phone??? Please explain why

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cancellation bill too high

You will need to call billing on 132200 and speak to a consultant as nobody here has access to account information.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

Good morning, the best "folk" to speak with is the Disconnections Department, If you ring between 8.30am and 9PM, AEDT, your call will usually be answered in Adelaide. Disconnections have the most flexibility of all call centres, Hope you resolve your issue.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Tim7737

I got straight on to the telstra chat, forwarded to a human, Agued re the bill, then argued that the phone was paid off after 2.3 years and that the bill was overcharged. He put me on hold then agreed that it should be the $10/month lease plus $15/month cancellation fee, x 9 months, and that was all. Agreed $691 was too high, filed a complaint on my behalf, provided a complaint number and said the matter would be resolved within 24-48 hours. I believe they charged me the additional cost of a phone which had been paid off well after a 24mnth contract, disregarding the 12 month swap plan, therefore wrongfully adding an extra 12 months of handset charges. Let’s hope it is resolved quickly. If not I’ll be calling again (but as you know it’s sometimes hard in work hours). Thank you.
Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate your patience, Tim. Glad to hear this is being actively addressed. Please let us know the outcome; as I'd like to hear its all resolved. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tim7737

I hope so too. Said 24-48 hours so they have 8.5 hours to resolve it as I have heard nothing. Extremely unimpressed. I will take it further if need be on principal. Thank you for your comment

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more