Highlighted
sjb13
Level 1: Cadet

Cancellation fees transferring to NBN

Answered
Hi. I have just received my letter saying i must connect to NBN by April. I am currently on a ADSL Telstra Plan that expires in 2020.

I dont want to go with Telstra for NBN.
Do i have to pay an early termination fee if i break my contract with Telstra, even though i have no choice but to vo to NBN.

Telstra cannot offer me NBN 100 speeds.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancellation fees transferring to NBN

Yes you have to pay early termination fees if you cancel your contract. If you transfer to NBN Telstra is still providing an Internet service which in most cases will be faster than your current ADSL connection so there are no grounds for breaking the contract. Providing NBN link is capable of 100 Mbps you can purchase a speed boost that will provide 100 Mbps.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancellation fees transferring to NBN

Yes you have to pay early termination fees if you cancel your contract. If you transfer to NBN Telstra is still providing an Internet service which in most cases will be faster than your current ADSL connection so there are no grounds for breaking the contract. Providing NBN link is capable of 100 Mbps you can purchase a speed boost that will provide 100 Mbps.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now