Highlighted
rjb1301
Level 1: Cadet

Cancellation of old service

Answered

Can some competent person in the drones of incompetent people at Telstra please help me in cancelling my old service, I moved to a new home, i had to wait to 3 and a half months for NBN to be ready in the estate to get a new connection, which  i now have but the silly billies at Telstra still bill me for the old service, I have to call every month tpo cancel, they say they have done so, they credit my account and all okay until the next biling cycle.. I need to find the time to phone and cancel again and again and again. I am not allowed any personal calls during work time and cant call during the day, I leave home before th Cancellations Dept opens and get home after they close. Is Telstra that desperate to boost thurnover that they are prepared to double bill their customers and ignore their pleas.

Please can someone assist in trying to resolve this once and for all.

If some one can reply and give me call me after 20h00 on any week day, i will let you know what number to call. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancellation of old service

Hey rjb1301,

I'm just about to send you a private message so you can get us details and we can follow up on this for you.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey rjb1301,

I'm just about to send you a private message so you can get us details and we can follow up on this for you.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

David250262

Understand your problem.  I have found it impossible to cancel an unused service also.  Telstra seem very keen to keep charging a monthly fee for an unused service.  They keep telling me I can only cancel the service on the phone, which I have now done twice (but of course, Telstra have not actually cancelled the service and continue to charge me).

Catch 22 if there ever was one.

Is there some form of regulator we can contact?  Seems Telstra is only interested to ensure it can keep billing people.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi David, we can certainly help follow up on this cancellation if your previous calls haven't helped - for privacy reasons we can't request account details via posts on these forums, but I'll be in touch shortly via private message to assist.

Kyle23423423423

I'm going through the same thing. Cancelled service March 14th, got new service weeks later in new residence. took so long becuase the technician liked to have early days and beer and because of that we got some free service. 

however, every month i have to contact them to say i moved march 14th, and each month they credit and then say it's taken care of and the next month my bill is up over $300 again because of the old account still in service... 

this is kind of retarded... like seriously retarded. 

there has to be a way to say the account will be cancelled adn actually cancel it.... you'd think.

anyways, i won't be paying..  i'm travelling over seas now too and this hasn't been a fun addition to my vacation time having to deal with this EVER MONTH.

bettyjane4

I also need to cancel my service, and I need to put this in writing so there's no dispute.

Doesn't Telstra have an email service, I can't find it?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi bettyjane4, we do offer an online chat service via http://goo.gl/11oUE  where you can cancel your services and it also provides the option to email a transcript of the chat session once complete.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now