Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Change billing address online

Let’s face it – on a scale of zero to tedious, moving house would have to score a perfect ten!

If you’re anything like me, after hastily packing up your (way too many) belongings in pre-categorised boxes, cancelling the paper, organising removalists and then falling in a heap, the last thing you feel like doing is changing your billing address with your Service Provider...

I mean even once you arrive at your new place, usually you’re way too busy living in your little fortress of unpacked boxes...You may even start to wonder if ‘relocation denial’ is some kind of real and diagnosable condition (!)

So, let me make updating your billing address with Telstra that little bit more straightforward.  Smiley Happy

·         Firstly, you’ll just need to ensure you are registered for My Account   

If you aren’t already signed up, you can do so here.

·         Once registered, you can then login with your Username and Password:

·         When you have entered your Main Details screen, hover over the My Account tab (top centre menu,

shaded light blue) and then click on Billing, which is the second option down.

·         You will then see a menu on the left hand side of your screen, with an option to Update Billing   

Address about 2/3 down the list.

·         Click on this link and then just simply overwrite your old address details with your new address and hit

NEXT. Once you’ve confirmed the details are correct, just hit SUBMIT.

Snap. It’s done – your next invoice will be sent to your new address!! If not, let us know and we'll close the loop Smiley Happy

THE FINE PRINT...Please just note that if you are amending your details 1-2 days before your next invoice is due to be sent, the change may not take effect until your following invoice. Likewise, if your current invoice was issued a week or so beforehand and is still yet to be received in the post, you may still need to retrieve it from your old address, or through Mail forwarding.

So that’s pretty much it from me...All that’s left now is to wish you good luck with your new neighbours...oh and also, you might eventually need to unpack those boxes! Smiley Tongue

You can also find more infomation about how to change your bill in our help center:

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/change-your-billing-address-online

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: How to change your billing address online

Whilst it's not the nicest part of the site at the moment, here's the portal for moving home:

http://www.telstra.com.au/moving-home/?red=/movinghome

An online movers request is actioned by our case management team in Ballarat.

And, we're about to make the portal easier to use, as well Smiley Happy

Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
seventhheaven
Level 1: Cadet

Hi

(Address removed for your privacy)

Support Team
Support Team

Hi seventhheaven,

We can update your mailing address via http://tel.st/49kl or by calling us on 132200

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

DragonJewel
Level 8: Inspector

Unless there have been recent changes you might want to add that this process does not apply if you are building a new home and will be in temporary accomodation while the house is built. I will not bore everyone with the pitfalls for that secerio.

Jordiec
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Change billing address online

When clicking on update my billing adress it redirects you to a page that says

"You could not be logged in to Online Billing. 

There may be a temporary problem, or part of the system may be unavailable due to regular maintenance. Please try again later. "

this hs been constant the last 3 days. 

any advice would be great Smiley Happy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jordiec,

Is My Account not working generally for you? Or is it only the change of address feature that's giving this error message?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

godwinf
Level 2: Rookie

Same error message here. My Account works. Only updating billing address gives the error page (as far as I can tell).

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now