Highlighted
Derrick
Level 4: Private Eye

Changing the original order

Answered

I knew that this wouldn't go smoothly.

I moved from a Smart Community location to a new house that was just in an ADSL area.

I called Smart Community and they advised it was ADSL 2+ (speed drop won't hurt too much) and I also check on the Telstra website under ADSL 2+ availabilty and confirmed it there.

Signed up for a new bundle as I was out of contract, got the phone line connected and that's where it all stopped.

Apparently my order for ADSL 2+ went into "Error Provisioning" and I have been on the phone mulitple times over the delayed week and a half this has been going on.

Hooked up an old modem as I still hadn't received the Telstra Gateway and I managed to connect but noticed it was at ADSL 1 speeds. Called up again to see what was going on with the "error" as this might be related and amazed that they had created a whole new order and put it down as just normal ADSL as apparently I can't get ADSL 2+.

So my question is, where was the communcation and why how can my original agreed order be changed so drastically and marked as complete without my knowledge? Shouldn't I be given the choice not to continue instead of just changing details and pushing it through the system? Anyway, I posted this on here as I couldn't stand another hour on the  phone going from one person to the next, my next phone call will be to disconnections. I found this service to be quite poor with no communication from Telstra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Changing the original order

It's my understanding the Bigpond ADSL Elite plans use the fastest available technology. In some areas this means you may end up with ADSL1 because that is all there is, in other areas you may end up on ADSL1 if all ADSL2+ ports are taken.

As the product (Bigpond Elite ADSL) doesn't guarantee a speed or access technology you might be out of luck.

BigPond Elite ADSL plans can provide download speeds of up to a maximum of 20Mbps to eligible customers in selected areas and up to 8Mbps in many other areas.

Taken from http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/home-broadband-bigpond-elite-plans/

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

It's my understanding the Bigpond ADSL Elite plans use the fastest available technology. In some areas this means you may end up with ADSL1 because that is all there is, in other areas you may end up on ADSL1 if all ADSL2+ ports are taken.

As the product (Bigpond Elite ADSL) doesn't guarantee a speed or access technology you might be out of luck.

BigPond Elite ADSL plans can provide download speeds of up to a maximum of 20Mbps to eligible customers in selected areas and up to 8Mbps in many other areas.

Taken from http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/home-broadband-bigpond-elite-plans/

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Derrick
Level 4: Private Eye

Thanks for the reply, they actually market them differently, this is from the ADSL 2+ availablity page:

"This tool is intended as a guide for customers who have previously been advised that they can't get ADSL2+. Many people trying to connect to Telstra for ADSL2+ will be successful. However, some may still not have access to compatible infrastructure. This tool should be used only as a general guide to areas and network upgrade timings. The results will be an indication of our schedule, which is regularly updated according to ongoing planning and implementation. Once an area has been updated, customers will need to do a full service qualifier to establish whether or not their particular address can get ADSL2+."

I confirmed my availability and went through all the hoops of getting a phone line installed. If I couldn't get ADSL 2+ then I wouldn't of bothered. I realise about actual real world speed depend on a multitude of things, this isn't my first ISP or connection.

But the point is being sold a specific product as listed in my original order of ADSL 2+ Ellite and then to have it changed to just ADSL Elite with no communication is very poor.

I'm on my fourth call for the day to  the help desk as now it looks like there is a mismatch in the billing account and the background information? In the background info it checks out as ADSL 2+ but billing has me down as ADSL 1 so I will be locked into this speed. They are going to try and put a speed change request in. This will be the fourth order going in for my New Activation..... 

Edit: I must give cudos to the local help desk, they have been trying to fix this and have been very pleasant to deal with.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more