Highlighted
jujunan55
Level 1: Cadet

Charged for Mobile Service we never use.

Answered

Why are we charged a mobile service we never use. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Charged for Mobile Service we never use.

If you are on a Plan, then you get charged the minimum plan amount each month, whether you use it or not. You are getting charged for the availability of service, not the actual usage.

If you are no longer on contract and you only keep the phone for emergencies, I would suggest changing to PrePaid and going on one of the Long Life PrePaid Plans. That would cost you a lot less in the long run if that is the situation you are in.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

I would recommend calling the mobile billing team on 13 22 00
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Accepted Solution

If you are on a Plan, then you get charged the minimum plan amount each month, whether you use it or not. You are getting charged for the availability of service, not the actual usage.

If you are no longer on contract and you only keep the phone for emergencies, I would suggest changing to PrePaid and going on one of the Long Life PrePaid Plans. That would cost you a lot less in the long run if that is the situation you are in.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @jujunan55 While CrowdSupport is a peer support forum, we're happy to help with any account related enquiries via the contact channels provided on 13 22 00 or here:  http://tel.st/fvwxx .

As for your mobile charges, Jupiter has the right of it and has provided some great suggestions above which we'll be happy to help you with by phone or LiveChat Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now