Highlighted
rodneylaba
Level 3: Gumshoe

Consolidating telstra services to one account

Answered

Hi,

I am recently married, and wanted to consolidate my telstra services with my wife's, and have them all on one account (and one bill!). I would also like both our names to be on the account.

Is this at all possible? I have tried to add the accounts online via myaccount, but I am unable to do so. I have also tried browsing the literature online but it isn't particularly helpful.

My own account with telstra contains bigpond internet, a telstra phone line and a postpaid mobile phone, my wife's has a postpaid mobile phone and a prepaid ipad data sim card.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Consolidating telstra services to one account

Doing so would make a single person legally and financially responsible for all the services....

Check out this link:

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/changing-the-name-on-your-telstra-account

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ben_F
Accepted Solution

Doing so would make a single person legally and financially responsible for all the services....

Check out this link:

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/changing-the-name-on-your-telstra-account

B.

New Users - Click Here!

rodneylaba
Level 3: Gumshoe

So does that mean married couples are not able to be joint account holders for the services they have with Telstra? It basically has to be one person only?

Ben_F

@rodneylaba wrote:

So does that mean married couples are not able to be joint account holders for the services they have with Telstra? It basically has to be one person only?

I don't think any company will allow a married couple to be joint account holders. You have a single account holder (someone who is liable for the charges) and you can have people who have authority on the account (such as your partner).

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Jacintam
Level 1: Cadet

Read this thread with a great deal of interest - having always had joint bank accounts etc, yet I was only an "authority" on our Telstra account. Recently my husband passed away - being an authority means I was never deemed to be an account holder which meant that when the service was changed to my name I was not entitled to a number of services and discounts that we previously held on the account. Hmmmm, so despite all those years of being the one paying the bills and discussing account changes etc, even a POA on file, there was I, never an account holder with Telstra. I will say that I think things were eventually set up the same way they had been but only at the discretion of the operator (thank you) but the fact that the "system" works like this is a bit mind boggling.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now