CrowdSupport®
James002
Level 1: Cadet

Contradiction of advertised Complaint form response time

Answered

I made a complaint using the "Make A Complaint" page (https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint) yeaterday.

I was pleased to see that the page says "we'll be in touch within 2 business days".

I was then disappointed to receive an email to confirm receipt of complaint saying "will be in touch within five business days".

If Telstra cannot always be in touch within 2 days, I could understand that, but then the web page should say something like "we aim to be in touch within two days".

Unfortunately I have experienced a number of instances over the past two months of Telstra saying they will call me back and they haven't.  This just seems like another instance of Telstra saying one thing to make you happy and failing to live up to it.

What is the response time that Telstra actually achieve at least 95% of the time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Contradiction of advertised Complaint form response time

@James002 Thanks for pointing out this inconsistency on the complaints form. We will aim to get in touch with you as soon as we can, with the goal being to contact you within 2 days. The maximum time frame would be 5 working days which is mentioned in the email.

I will pass on this feedback so that it can be more consistent between these two communications.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

I have personally not had a complaint take over 3 days, most I have seen are within 2 days and only once had it take 3 days
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

James002

Thanks DrQ, but I really wanted to know what Telstra actually achieve or what their goal is and why an emailed statement is different from the one on their web site.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

@James002 Thanks for pointing out this inconsistency on the complaints form. We will aim to get in touch with you as soon as we can, with the goal being to contact you within 2 days. The maximum time frame would be 5 working days which is mentioned in the email.

I will pass on this feedback so that it can be more consistent between these two communications.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

James002

Thanks Jesse, that was the answer I was looking for.

I think it is worthwhile changing the wording on the website.  It is not until I get upset that I make a formal complaint. Seeing a definite statement that a response will be made within two days contradicted immediately in an automated receipt of complaint just made things worse.

However I have learnt for next time that with any kind of ongoing problem you need to make a formal complaint as soon as you can to get the level of customer service from Telstra that I expect as standard and I have received from many other companies without having to make a complaint.

BTW, it has been 4 business days so far without response on the complaint I was referring to.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now