CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
bob12345678
Level 1: Cadet

Could the order estimate be incorrect?

Hi,

A few days ago I purchased online an Apple Watch S5, and as a Telstra customer, I can choose to pay off the watch over a 24 month period ($35 a month). There was definitely no option to change these terms during the purchase flow (I've checked), and I received a confirmation email to say I would be paying $35 a month over 24 months - all good.

This morning I received an email from Telstra with an order estimate attached, outlining what I would be paying in my next bill and then each month after. The monthly payment has jumped to $70 a month! 

I spoke to an agent and he suggested that somehow the payment terms have changed, and I'm now paying over 12 months rather than 24 months? Or that the order estimate is incorrect? He said I could decline the delivery when the watch arrives and once the watch is returned the order is cancelled, but I don't want to do that if it's just a mistake with the order estimate.

Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences with this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
StrayaM8
Level 9: Captain

Re: Could the order estimate be incorrect?

Order Estimate can definitely be wrong, but the order may have also been processed wrong.

if you give Telstra a call on 132200, they should be able to check the order and make sure it was in fact processed for a 24 month repayment.

Better safe than sorry

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The first payment will normally be higher. This is because it will do a part month payment for the remaining part of your billing cycle and a full month in advance.

That amount will vary depending on when in the month it is done.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

bob12345678
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks StrayaM8, the agent assures me it's still 24 months. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now