CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
shieldG
Level 1: Cadet

Debt Collection / Outstanding bill

Answered

I cancelled my home internet account at the start of this year. Twice since this cancellation I received ongoing bills for the account, and both times I called up and explained the account was cancelled and thus the bill was cancelled.

I have now been in Guatemala for 4 months and last month received a notice from what looks like a debt collecting agency that stated I have an outstanding amount. Thankfully I have the records from the previous two cancellations but I was told that this amount is relating to another account. This account, as it turns out, is the phone number from another family member... The email is also full of spelling mistakes so I am suspicious.  But because I think they are threatening legal action if I don't pay the amount I wanted to check on here if there is someone who can verify/ help me out with all this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Debt Collection / Outstanding bill

No-one here can verify it for you as they don't have accounts access.

You would either need to call +61 439 125 109 or use Livechat (once the initial page opens, tell you browser - assuming mobile - to request Desktop Site, do not use Safari as it doesn't work).

Either of these methods will be able to tell you if it relates to your account. They will not be able to confirm if it belongs to a relatives account if you do not have authorised access to their account.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Debt Collection / Outstanding bill

No-one here can verify it for you as they don't have accounts access.

You would either need to call +61 439 125 109 or use Livechat (once the initial page opens, tell you browser - assuming mobile - to request Desktop Site, do not use Safari as it doesn't work).

Either of these methods will be able to tell you if it relates to your account. They will not be able to confirm if it belongs to a relatives account if you do not have authorised access to their account.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now