CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
1217_h
Level 1: Cadet

Disgruntled with Call Centres

Answered

Recently I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with your call centre over an issue of registering my prepaid mobile on My Account. This resulted in a 11/2 conversation with multiple persons all of whom misunderstood my request, were rude and kept putting me on hold for extended periods. At one time I asked to speak to a case manager and I am pretty sure that the person who came on was not who I asked for  however because they did not give their name I couldn't know for sure. I was fed incorrect phone numbers etc. e.g. I asked for the number for complaints and was given an entirely different number. Eventually I phoned another line and was confidently told all was sorted. This turned out to be incorrect also. Today it finally did get sorted by a young woman named Claire. I wouldn't have like to give her positive feedback post my ocnversation with her but the survey did not allow me to comment specifically. It asks whether I would recommend Telstra on the strength of my experience today. What can I truly answer when Claire was good but the rest were absolutely atrocious. If you really want a true reflection of your service then please review your feedback process to allow more specific comment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Disgruntled with Call Centres

Hi 1217_h, welcome to CrowdSupport

The Survey is related specifically to that consultant, and your asked 3 questions:

• Did The Consultant fix the issue? (Yes, No, Maybe)
  • Based on your experience with the consultant would you recommend Telstra to a friend or Family Member (answer from 1-10, see Net Promoter for more info on how this works).
  • Why did you select your above score (you can leave verbatim feedback)

I hope that answers your question, and I'm glad you have it fixed. In future, I've found that LiveChat (Consumer and Pre-Paid) are better then waiting, and you have a record of the chat for peace of mind Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Ben_F
Accepted Solution

Hi 1217_h, welcome to CrowdSupport

The Survey is related specifically to that consultant, and your asked 3 questions:

• Did The Consultant fix the issue? (Yes, No, Maybe)
  • Based on your experience with the consultant would you recommend Telstra to a friend or Family Member (answer from 1-10, see Net Promoter for more info on how this works).
  • Why did you select your above score (you can leave verbatim feedback)

I hope that answers your question, and I'm glad you have it fixed. In future, I've found that LiveChat (Consumer and Pre-Paid) are better then waiting, and you have a record of the chat for peace of mind Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Ben_F

You can also submit positive feedback via http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/commitments/positive-feedback/

New Users - Click Here!

Anybor

more than disgruntled trying to get my phone activated on the 1300 131 133! I am writing tjhis with one hand because I dare not put the phone down. I thought if I rang at 6:45am there would be no wait time. Well I was wrong wasn't I - it is now 7:30 am (i just hope my phone. Battery doesn't die). I tried to call five times last night- got to the 20 minute wait time - then each time I was being transferred, my call was disconnected. Just as well Apple make good products and  I wont have to rely on another Telstra call centre.  The service is asbsolutely disgraceful.. I have now been waiting for 50  minutes listening to the most appalling music. OK Telstra - one hour waiting - that's it! Complaints then Telecommunication ombudsman. And to think I had considered rejoining Telstra for my broadband and  homephone - not a snowball's chance in Hell. Take a leaf out of iiNet's customer service,Telstra!

Ben_F

Everyone,

Please remember - This is the largest smartphone release that I'm aware of anywhere in the country. Its not representative of what users experience on a day to day basis with Telstra, its just really, really busy due to everyone wanting their Pre-Orders activated.

The TIO has a timeframe of 10 working days to resolve a level 1 complaint, so I don't recommend going to them until you have spoken to the complaints people at Telstra. You can try LiveChat to see if they will activate the device?

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Me-too

It is so sad that telstra (lower case leading consenant because they don't deserve a capital letter) customers would rather talk to each other than battle the rude parrots in the overseas call centres.

They go down their lists no matter what the complaint is, parroting the stock standard answers that are no help at all.

The accents are so strong that they may as well be talkig gibberish.

If they are asked a question that is not on their list they become deliberatly obtuse, or rude if you ask to speak to a supervisor.

They do this with the hope that you will be so frustrated and hang up. What's worse this is how they are taught to behave.

And just for the record giving them pretend names like James or Sarah dosen't fool anybody. Woman Mad I had 2 telstra pre paid phones and lost the simcard from one so I rang to cancel that sim card. Of course they cancelled the wrong one even though the number was given, I called back on my home phone politly  complain and the [Bleep] at the call centre kept asking me to hang up and she would call me on my mobile...really? I answered, which one, the one without the simcard or the one that was wrongly disconected? The cow said that if I was going to continue to be difficult that she would disconnect the call...I saved her the trouble and contacted the corporate office in Sydney and complaind there. Problem was fixed in 24 hours with apologies and refunds but I'm sorry telstra it is not good enough.

Me-too

Who in their right mind would want to do that?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now