CrowdSupport®
faceowner
Level 2: Rookie

Double charging for final month of service and device

In regards to the "paying for the final month"

1. Telstra charges my first month and second month in advanced on the first billing cycle after I engage in a new plan with a new device. 

2. those 2 months are clearly dated as the first month I actually engaged in the new contract and the month immediately after.

3. We pay those agreed charges for 25 months not 24 months as stated in the contract because there is never a month where we are not charged that price even after contract period of 24 months is over.

4. We have in fact been charged the same amount after the contract has been completed. We have had items such as handsets being continually billed for years after the 24/25 monthly payments were made.

5. We have had services which were disconnect, on our bills for years which as far as we know were never used. Those items often ranged between $30-$50 a month. I requested they be justified and refunded but Telstra put us through the ringer every time and just keep making false statements and arguments, only through verbal communication and will never put anything in writing so we can actually nail them down for the false and misleading statements their employees make to ensure no refunds are ever given to us.

My main question to telstra is how can you justify the fact that I pay 25 months not the agreed 24 months of payments for the device and plan?

Also why do you continue to charge for a handset after the 24/25 month period when that handset is completely paid for? Why do you continue to charge me for that handset after the handset is paid for which is the contract we both signed?

Shame on Telstra, shame on their employees and shame on the rest of us for not mobilising to stop this from happening!

I also put it to any lawyers out there. When will you put a class action lawsuit together for all the Telstra customers who have paid thousands of dollars for services never provided? Not to mention the purposefully over complicated bills Telstra spend millions of dollars on their own lawyers to ensure they can charge us for services they don't provide and the systems they have developed for their staff to ensure those false items on our bills must be paid but can never be refunded. Too big? too messy? it is achievable because I of the amount of customers who have been over charged. this could be huge money for the right law firm.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Double charging for final month of service and device

I have never had a device continue to be charged after the plan has ended. I have had three contracts end in the last couple months and all of the devices dropped off, including only a prorata charge in the final month of that service. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

you can keep your passive aggressive private message. Just because my experience was not the same as yours, it doesn’t mean that I am negating your experience. I am just saying that on a number of contracts on mobiles and tablets and modems over the last decade that This isn’t an issue that I have had nor has any of the family members for whom I have authority. 

by the way, yes, I do spend my own time here, and yes it is unpaid. But no, I do have a life, and a job and plenty of things to do in my life... but I log in for a few min a week... not that my life is any business of some wannabe keyboard warrior who feels the need to take out their frustration on someone just because their experience is different. 

i have had a number of issues with Telstra, and I completely understand the loop that can happen... you have no disagreement from me on that one... but I am just stating that this is not an experience that I have had and not one that I have heard of as a wider issue. Once again, that isn’t saying YOU aren’t experiencing an issue like that so you can Keep your passive aggressive nonsense to yourself. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

StrayaM8
Level 9: Captain

If you were charged a device payment fee for months after the device payment contract length, it should be a pretty easy fix, give the disconnections team a ring on 132200 and ask them to go through your bills and see if thats the case.

Like DrQ, this is not a problem that I have had, as a telstra customer

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now