CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Duplicate payment of bill

Answered
Hi, I’ve accidentally paid a bill for my Telstra bundle account twice & I was advised by my bank to contact Telstra directly for reimbursement. Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Duplicate payment of bill

You can speak to billing on 13 22 00 or via livechat - http://tel.st/livechat and they can arrange the credit to be sent to you.

Depending on how the payment was made it could take up to 5 business days for the payment to clear completely (such as with BPay) and then often up to 5 business days for a refund to be received back into your account.

If payment by BPay I would also suggest checking with your back if they charge a BPay reversal fee as these can exist, and if that is the case it might negate it being worth getting it reversed if they are going to reverse it via BPay (I have heard of reversal fees up to $40, hence why I say to double check).

That being said, if it isn't reversed as suggested by Prof. Phone, it would just be applied as a credit on your account and come off next months bill.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

I tend to think that by the time you finally get your credit, next month's payment will be due for payment. Have you considered that????
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Accepted Solution

You can speak to billing on 13 22 00 or via livechat - http://tel.st/livechat and they can arrange the credit to be sent to you.

Depending on how the payment was made it could take up to 5 business days for the payment to clear completely (such as with BPay) and then often up to 5 business days for a refund to be received back into your account.

If payment by BPay I would also suggest checking with your back if they charge a BPay reversal fee as these can exist, and if that is the case it might negate it being worth getting it reversed if they are going to reverse it via BPay (I have heard of reversal fees up to $40, hence why I say to double check).

That being said, if it isn't reversed as suggested by Prof. Phone, it would just be applied as a credit on your account and come off next months bill.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now