CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Trentpike
Level 1: Cadet

Early termination fee on bundle

Answered

Hi, 

I am currently only 6 months into a 24 month Home Phone + adsl contract. 

I was wondering how much it will be to cancel early. as i may be moving overseas and will not need it anymore.

thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Early termination fee on bundle

hi Trentpike

Cancellation fees for a Home Phone and Internet would be $15 for each remaining month of the contract.

Therefore if you have 18 months of your contract remaining, the Break of Contract fee would be $270. 

This would reduce by $15 for each month that you keep the service active. 

I hope this helps

-    Lindy Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

hi Trentpike

Cancellation fees for a Home Phone and Internet would be $15 for each remaining month of the contract.

Therefore if you have 18 months of your contract remaining, the Break of Contract fee would be $270. 

This would reduce by $15 for each month that you keep the service active. 

I hope this helps

-    Lindy Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Roshan29

Hi There

I am in a similar situation.

I recently connected a broadband service in Point Cook after waiting several months in queue for a port. I had to pay $300 odd for connection, but I am now having to move out of the property after having the connection for 2 months.

I am moving to a property that already has a broadband connection and therefore I no longer need the account. Can you please advise what I need to do. I don't feel it is justifiable to have to pay $15 x 22 months ($330) for cancellation when I had to wait for you to originally provide me with a port.

I have effectively $400 for using broadband for 2 months!!

Please let me know what can be done

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I would recommend that you speak to our Live Chat team http://tel.st/hsc3 as the community forum is not the best avenue to get account specific help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Nopond
Level 2: Rookie

Section 7.3 of terms and conditions details the rights of customers to cancel a service due to material breach. Read up on it
Robrobinson

Hi there,my telstra bundle with the home phone and foxtel will be finishing in november 2018..but for some reason i need to move overseas therefore i need to know how much does it cost to terminate the contract early?thanks
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Robrobinson

We would be more than happy to assist you if you please chat to us securely via Live-Chat http://tel.st/49kl

Please let us know how you go.

- Jimmy

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now