CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Trentpike
Level 1: Cadet

Early termination fee on bundle

Answered

Hi, 

I am currently only 6 months into a 24 month Home Phone + adsl contract. 

I was wondering how much it will be to cancel early. as i may be moving overseas and will not need it anymore.

thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Early termination fee on bundle

hi Trentpike

Cancellation fees for a Home Phone and Internet would be $15 for each remaining month of the contract.

Therefore if you have 18 months of your contract remaining, the Break of Contract fee would be $270. 

This would reduce by $15 for each month that you keep the service active. 

I hope this helps

-    Lindy Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

hi Trentpike

Cancellation fees for a Home Phone and Internet would be $15 for each remaining month of the contract.

Therefore if you have 18 months of your contract remaining, the Break of Contract fee would be $270. 

This would reduce by $15 for each month that you keep the service active. 

I hope this helps

-    Lindy Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Roshan29

Hi There

I am in a similar situation.

I recently connected a broadband service in Point Cook after waiting several months in queue for a port. I had to pay $300 odd for connection, but I am now having to move out of the property after having the connection for 2 months.

I am moving to a property that already has a broadband connection and therefore I no longer need the account. Can you please advise what I need to do. I don't feel it is justifiable to have to pay $15 x 22 months ($330) for cancellation when I had to wait for you to originally provide me with a port.

I have effectively $400 for using broadband for 2 months!!

Please let me know what can be done

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I would recommend that you speak to our Live Chat team http://tel.st/hsc3 as the community forum is not the best avenue to get account specific help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Nopond
Level 2: Rookie

Section 7.3 of terms and conditions details the rights of customers to cancel a service due to material breach. Read up on it
Robrobinson

Hi there,my telstra bundle with the home phone and foxtel will be finishing in november 2018..but for some reason i need to move overseas therefore i need to know how much does it cost to terminate the contract early?thanks
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Robrobinson

We would be more than happy to assist you if you please chat to us securely via Live-Chat http://tel.st/49kl

Please let us know how you go.

- Jimmy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now