CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Help19
Level 1: Cadet

Early termination

I just got billed an outrageous early termination fee.

A few months ago I was on the phone with a Telstra rep who was renegotiating the terms of my contract. She said she was modifying my existing contract, which had been completed, and when I asked her If I could cancel the contract at any time without fees she said that I could. Now, after cancelling my plan, I get slapped with this early termination fee that I specifically asked about and was informed that I wouldnt have to pay. What can I do to get rid of this, renegotiate this, or potentially reopen my account to not have to pay this, since I can't afford it.

I look forward to a response, hopefully an accurate one.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Early termination

Hi Help19

Bill shock is the last thing any of us like to see. To have this issue investigated in detail, please speak with our 24x7 Billing Support Team  http://tel.st/hsc3 so they can discuss your options in depth and work with you to get this sorted out. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now