Highlighted
granniebea
Level 1: Cadet

Email about account

Answered

I have recieved 4 of these emails in the last 3 days are they the real thing??? I have not logged onto my account through this linkas I am not sure I trust this email.

Thanks

Anne

Update Your Account Information

Dear Member,

During our monthly account maintenance and verification procedures. our billing and account management department was unable to authorize your current payernent method information. This might be due to one or more of the following reasons:
1. A recent change in your personal registered user information (change of address, phone number, credit card...).
2. Submitting invalid information during the initial registration or upgrade process.
3. An inability to accurately verify your BigPond billing information due to an internal error within our billing processors.
You're now one click away from managing your services online. To continue and log in, select the button below.

Continue and log in

Need help?

If you need any help with your username or if you have any concerns about why you're receiving this message, please contact us via 24x7 Chat.

See you online soon,

Gerd Schenkel
Executive Director, Telstra Digital Sales and Service

Please note that this email is an automated notification and is unable to receive replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Email about account

Grannie, it's a fake fake fake. DO NOT go to that link. You'll be asked to instal some software which can give control of your computer to scammers, or they'll ask you for credit card details, bank details or whatever.

Another variation on an old theme I'm afraid.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Grannie, it's a fake fake fake. DO NOT go to that link. You'll be asked to instal some software which can give control of your computer to scammers, or they'll ask you for credit card details, bank details or whatever.

Another variation on an old theme I'm afraid.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

granniebea
Level 1: Cadet

Smiley HappyThank you, Jeff. Don't people have more to do with their time? I know I do.

Anne

Problem is Anne, there are hundreds of these people, mostly in centres overseas working full time at these scams, and unfortunately as the old saying goes, 'There's another sucker born every day",  who'll take the bait and then they take their money. Money for jam they used to call it. Easy payday.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more