domwild1
Level 8: Inspector

Emailed bills + posted bills - no more but BPay messages?

Answered

Hi, Had the privilege of always emailed and posted bills. Great, as bad WiFi on ships or open WiFi shops are not the safest for banking, so a relative paid the posted bills and as a pensioner I did not get hit with a $15 late payment fee. Last December: No more emailed bill nor posted bill, but did get BPay messages via Bankwest that money is owing. Just spent more than one hour talking to Telstra's Manila HQ via chat - more than frustrating as operators changed three times and were not reading my messages properly and asking me questions I had answered before. The official answer is that I had asked them to change my email address, which is bovine excrement. Telstra's excuse is that they sent the bill to an email address, which is different to the one I told them during the chat which had always been my email address for billing of my Telstra X-Small Bundle ADSL. So I said as their data base is stuffed, it was always great to get posted bills before in addition to be sure, to be sure. Before you say posted bills are a privilege I do not deserve, as a long-term customer of Telstra I am expecting a courtesy email to say I have to pay for posting as BankWest did a few years back or enticing me with a win of a fortune or cruise if I switch to paperless as some utilities did. I will ask that same question on the Whirlpool communications forum so here it is: Has Telstra decided to save money by no longer emailing and, heaven forbid, posting bills, but to leave it to BPay to email reminders expecting customers to go into "MyAccount" to check the usage, money owing and due date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Emailed bills + posted bills - no more but BPay messages?

Hi @domwild1

Thanks for reaching out. 

We certainly still send emails and post out bills to our customers. You mentioned that the email had been changed, has this been fixed up now so we can make sure the bill is going to the right address?  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @domwild1

Thanks for reaching out. 

We certainly still send emails and post out bills to our customers. You mentioned that the email had been changed, has this been fixed up now so we can make sure the bill is going to the right address?  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

domwild1

Manila suggested that the email I suggested during the chat is different to the email on Telstra's database, this is just an excuse, it never changed and neither has the address. So I suggested during the chat that a posted bill would have been great as the database is faulty. But no posted bill either.
domwild1

The notification for the bill due in January arrived via email, but not posted in addition as a safeguard. Ringing 132200 or going into chat is a horrible experience with promises being made and never kept. Besides, they do not understand my accent and I do not understand Tagalog.
domwild1

Not accepted as a solution. The January bill came via email, but not via post as a backup. Ringing 132200 or going into Chat is a major disaster. I do not understand Tagalog and they do not understand my accent.
Level 24: Supreme Being

The BPay notification is likely that you have registered for BPay view via your bank / internet banking. It will give you notification of bills due to be paid and make it easy to pay them with BPay.

You can ensure the options are set up the way you want in MyAccount as well if you didn’t want to speak to anyone, http://tel.st/myacc by clicking bill settings > update bill delivery and notification settings.

You can also download copies of current and recent bills from My Account at anytime.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

domwild1

Thanks DrQ for help. BPayView is rubbish for the following reasons:

1. In the listing of Bankwest from BPayView, most of my regular Telstra bills are marked "Not Paid", rubbish.

2. BPay sends me an email telling me a Telstra bill is due in two days, rubbish, leading to frantic searches, every Telstra bill gets registered to be paid two days before they are due once emailed/posted bill arrives.

3. Email arrives from bpay@bankwest.com.au, so I contacted Bankwest to tell their IT department to change the software to look at their payment database to see if the bill has already been registered for payment before they frighten the customer. Their email one or two years ago told me to contact BPay, their latest reply indicates they will pass it on as I said I wanted BPayView cancelled. 

domwild1

Complaint Procedure:
1. Tel.: 132200 - disaster as operators in Manila have an accent and are not easy to understand. They are script readers and they also do not understand my accent. Waste of time.
2. Chat - disaster for the same reason as above, they do not read the replies and keep asking the same questions over and over again. First there is the virtual assistant, then one operator, then another, etc. They make promises they do not keep. Waste of time.
3. Official Telstra Complaint Page - disaster. After entering my driver licence number I hit "Submit" and noticed at the end of the URL the word "Null", clever, looks like the system is set up to ignore complaints. This fits with a moderator's warning to keep the text " ... as it may not work"!! There was also no "Thank you for your submission" message.
4. Entering "Telstra complaints" to Google returns five Million hits. One possible solution for help is the Whirlpool communications forum or an on-line complaint to the TIO (Telecom. Industry Ombudsman) like in the case of the many SPAM SMS scams.
domwild1

Incorrect, in the profile one cannot set both, only post plus email/SMS reminders.
Highlighted

BPay View is typically a self managed service offered via your banks internet banking. BPay aren't able to deactivate BPay View on their end.

My understanding is that it gets the notification when the bill is issued from the issuer but doesn't get updates after that, meaning that it showing as paid/unpaid would be based only on the payments process through BPay view, if you paid the bill any other way it wouldn't know so wouldn't update.

If you wanted to deactivate it, you should have BPay View option in your internet banking and should have a deregister option in that.

With the complaints form, it does have a word count limit that wasn't recording correctly which was why they were advising that it was worth keeping a copy, if you didn't get a page with your reference number (will be along the lines of SR 1-XXXXXXXXXXXX) that would normally mean it hasn't successfully submitted, if you didn't get an email almost straight away it would agree, so you would be prob best to resubmit the complaint to ensure it went through.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

You can also have it lodged for you in a store, alternatively if you wanted to, you can also go old fashioned with Paper or Fax

Post your complaint letter to:
Telstra Complaints
Locked Bag 20026
MELBOURNE VIC 3001

Or fax your complaint to:
1800 753 949
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

domwild1

Thanks DrQ for help, very much appreciated. Not getting through via Chat, 132200 and via the official complaint page to Telstra really topped the lot! The TIO is overloaded with complaints about the NBN and SPAM SMS scams from Optus and others, so I leave out that solution. For ten years Telstra had participated in paying third parties to scam customers via SPAM SMS scams including myself for $20.20 with a fake quiz without option to leave.

I have contacted BankWest to cancel BPayview as I have no other option to cancel that service. The list of Telstra bills is not even sorted in chronological order and most are still marked as unpaid. I have asked Telstra now in my profile (thanks DrQ!) to post bills plus getting a reminder via email and SMS, so that should help. On leaving the Profile page, I joined the survey and answered why I had decided to leave the paperless option.

domwild1

DrQ, thanks for help again. MYACCOUNT was off line for payment and checking, so it is ideal to get posted bills still and it is like that in my profile.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now