Madeby
Level 1: Cadet

Ex wife trouble

How the hell can you give my ex wife my password and username for my internet account ???

She does not have authority but knows my details which I keep changing and changing the password only for her to then contact Telstra and reset the password !!

It is bull**bleep** so much for confidentiality, about to delete Telstra and go with another company as it has been bought to telstras attention with her and myself and still isn't fixed !!! So fricken Angry 😡😡

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Ex wife trouble

Sadly if you have enough details to prove ID over the phone it's done, that's how ID theft works!.. Best you report her for her dodgy activities. If she continues I'm sure the legal system will look after it. Blame the source not the provider.

Changing providers may not help as it seems like she has the determination to call around until she gets a hit?!

Cheers,
Dave

Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Ex wife trouble

In addition to normal ID protocols Telstra customer service use, you also have the option to have a "master" secondary password or pin number (which I have had for many years). You can also have a security warning noted in the system. It would be wise to get an interaction number as confirmation that you instituted these added measures,
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now