Otara274
Level 1: Cadet

Feeling dumb

Looking for feed back on how to approach this as I have been given the run around and different info from Telstra billing and disconnection team members.

So basically what's happened is I paid a month in advance on a home bundle back in June 2018 of $79 and disconnected on the 1st of December 6days before my billing cycle ended, the day we moved out of the house. I was told by the disconnection team I would receive a refund of $13.17 also receiving an email with this information on it and told that I would not have to pay for that month as it would be covered by the month in advance I paid.
Well the bill arrived and I was still charged $79 for November.
I received no refund and moved to NZ on the 5th of December and have been trying to resolve this by calling numerous amounts of times getting told different things. I was given a credit of $39.50 and told that was pro rata.

My mum has now said that I should infact be given a credit from the 6days that were not used on my billing cycle and am still owed another $39.50 from being charged for the month in which my month in advance payment should have covered. So before I sit on the phone for almost an hour and a half only to repeat my self for the 8th time.
Anyone know a quick way I can get this sorted as the last lady I spoke to told me she has been working in the billing department for 10years and it's all correct and I'm not owed anything.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Feeling dumb

Hey Otara274, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear of these delays with this being resolved, that is frustrating. To have this escalated submit a complaint online here https://tel.st/r578u and reply to me with the reference number. I will use it to contact complaints and have a case manager assigned to follow this up with you ASAP.  

Thank you.

- Ryan  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more