CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Russ79
Level 3: Gumshoe

First bill payment

Answered
I signed up for a new Telstra sim only mobile plan last Thursday (11/5/17) and have already received a bill today (16/11/17) for $40. I am on a $40 per month plan. Why have I received a bill only a few days after commencing my contract? Shouldn't I get it at the end of the first month of my contract? It has a due date of the 29th which is still well before when my first month is up. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Russ79
Accepted Solution

Re: First bill payment

Thanks Matt. Good to know. I understand now.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Russ. Thanks for getting in touch. We bill in advance for all of our services, so your first bill covers anywhere from 31 to 60 days of usage (itemised by date on the bill). When you disconnect a service, your final bill covers fewer than 31 days. 
- Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Russ79
Accepted Solution

Thanks Matt. Good to know. I understand now.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now