Highlighted
ExoDragon
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Google play considering being removed by Telstra?

Answered

Hello All,

Sorry if this isn't in the right spot

I just wanted to find out is it true that Telstra are considering removing Recharge credit from google play store

Saw it on whirlpool some people claiming in an email

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2441218&p=57#r1132

If that's true that is very very sad news Smiley Sad

Why would Telstra want to remove something that people use heaps it doesn't make sense

look forward to the replies

Hope Telstra don't do that and leave it as it is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Google play considering being removed by Telstra?

That was actually part of a survey Exo, something Telstra do a frequent bassis, to get a feel from customers about services etc. that they currently are or possibly may offer in the future.

It wasn't a hard and fast we are going to. I'm sure that should the numbers shape up for retaining the Google Play payment access, the powers that be will take notice.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

That was actually part of a survey Exo, something Telstra do a frequent bassis, to get a feel from customers about services etc. that they currently are or possibly may offer in the future.

It wasn't a hard and fast we are going to. I'm sure that should the numbers shape up for retaining the Google Play payment access, the powers that be will take notice.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
juiceman
Level 1: Cadet

Not sure why this has been marked as 'solved." A non-Telstra employee said it was a survey. That doesn't answer whether they're looking at removing it at all.

Placebo
Level 2: Rookie

@DEANJA wrote:

As the OP stated, a survey sent to their customer base would indicate that they are considering removing the ability to use credit for purchases.

They may not be going ahead with the idea, but they've obviously given it enough consideration that they're feeling out their customer response to the move

I received the email survey too, and it will affect Windows Store purchases as well as Google Play.  I would most certainly be unhappy if they pulled it

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more