MiriamB
Level 1: Cadet

Hacked Website - Telstra where is the money going when you say the process was interrupted.

Answered

Has Telstra been Hacked???

I pay my bill online and now I get this message:

Sorry, there was a connectivity issue processing your request and we're not able to confirm the payment made. Please check your email for a payment confirmation or check your bank statement to see if your payment has been processed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

My credit card shows the payment was successful to Telstra, however Telstra say they didn't receive the payment, so where did it go? 

I have called Telstra three times, all times they advised me they will investigate and somebody will call me, however ever the only people who call me from Telstra are scammers, so when I answer "Great, are you ring about the lost payment at Telstra they hang up on me".

Telstra is your website broken or hacked?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Hacked Website - Telstra where is the money going when you say the process was interrupted.

It sounds like there was a glitch between the payment portal and the accounting systems at the time that you made the payment.

If you give the transaction reference from your Bank Statement, then they can put that as a note on your account. Then, if the system hasn't reconciled itself by the next billing period, and a late payment fee is charged, you will be able to get that reversed more easily.

If the system hasn't reconciled by the time the bill is issued, then after calling billing to get the late fee reversed, I would recommend lodging a formsl complaint via https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Hacked Website - Telstra where is the money going when you say the process was interrupted.

Also if it is a visa transaction, due to the processing method, sometimes even if it fails the payment still does go on the verification/hold (usually because the bank verified it but the issue was on the merchant's end) but if the merchant system fails it will mean that they don't complete the transaction and typically will result in the debit being dropped off your bank listing, usually within 5 business days.

If you can get Telstra to confirm in writing that the payment had failed on their end and that they agree that the payment doesn't exist in their system and you provide that to your bank typically they should be able to close the verification hold for you in advance of the standard timeframe that the bank follows. (most banks only hold for up to 5 days, as this is usually when they are completed by, but technically the merchant has a month to be able to complete it)
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

It sounds like there was a glitch between the payment portal and the accounting systems at the time that you made the payment.

If you give the transaction reference from your Bank Statement, then they can put that as a note on your account. Then, if the system hasn't reconciled itself by the next billing period, and a late payment fee is charged, you will be able to get that reversed more easily.

If the system hasn't reconciled by the time the bill is issued, then after calling billing to get the late fee reversed, I would recommend lodging a formsl complaint via https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Also if it is a visa transaction, due to the processing method, sometimes even if it fails the payment still does go on the verification/hold (usually because the bank verified it but the issue was on the merchant's end) but if the merchant system fails it will mean that they don't complete the transaction and typically will result in the debit being dropped off your bank listing, usually within 5 business days.

If you can get Telstra to confirm in writing that the payment had failed on their end and that they agree that the payment doesn't exist in their system and you provide that to your bank typically they should be able to close the verification hold for you in advance of the standard timeframe that the bank follows. (most banks only hold for up to 5 days, as this is usually when they are completed by, but technically the merchant has a month to be able to complete it)
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now