CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

High financial commitment??

Answered

Hi guys,

I just placed an plan order for an iPhone 11 (24 months plan) this morning however, the order was rejected by Telstra. The guy from customer service said this is due to my 'high financial commitment'. (Ps. My current Mobile Swap Plan allows me to upgrade to a new phone after 1 year I signed up with $99 fee, and 23/02/2020 was the first day that I'm eligible to do the upgrade. That why I signed up for that plan.)

Just wondering what does it mean 'high financial commitment' here? I asked the customer service guy but it seems they are not clear about that either.

Also, am I able to cancel all the contracts and plans with Telstra (mobile, NBN) without any fee because they think I have 'high financial commitment'? The logic here is if I cancelled the plans, there would be less financial risk for Telstra which is in favor of Telstra?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: High financial commitment??

That would mean that they believe that after conducting a credit check that you would be unlikely to be able to service the commitment.

You wouldn't be able to cancel your existing contracts without penalty because of this, it just means that Telstra will not sell you any extra equipment/services on top of what you already have.

Not sure how you go about challenging the rejection. Could lodge a complaint and ask for the decision to be reviewed.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

That would mean that they believe that after conducting a credit check that you would be unlikely to be able to service the commitment.

You wouldn't be able to cancel your existing contracts without penalty because of this, it just means that Telstra will not sell you any extra equipment/services on top of what you already have.

Not sure how you go about challenging the rejection. Could lodge a complaint and ask for the decision to be reviewed.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Jupiter, thanks for your reply. I'll try to lodge a complaint about this hope this would help.

It's really upset that after been with Telstra for 3 years and somehow I can't take any new phone and plan anymore.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit