CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Micole6
Level 1: Cadet

How long does it take for a suspension order to be lifted?

Answered
I had a payment arrangement for my account and couldn't make a payment on time so I did the right thing and called telstra the lady I spoke to said she would leave notes on the account to say I'd be late (but never did) so I get a call a few days later saying I'd broken the arrangement! The lady said she would set up a new arrangement but only left notes and didn't put it through properly. I then get a SMS yesterday saying your account is overdue which I ignored as I had an arrangement and was paying the agreed amount today. This morning my phone was disconnected so I called and said I had an arrangement and find understand why I was disconnected when I set it up for today that's when we discovered the lady on fri didn't put it place properly I was told my services would be re connected as it was the operators error and service would resume within 24 hours but it would be done sooner! It has now been 8hours they said to call after 5 the lady I just spoke to talked in circles and left me very confused and then hung up on me!!! Now yes I admit my bill is overdue bit when I called an made the payment arrangement I thought I was doing the right thing by Telstra! It seems like I'm being punished now because of an operator error! When all I was trying to do was the right thing.
Will my phone be reconnected before I make full payment? Since I had an agreement the operator didn't put through the system right?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chegzilla
Level 10: Junior Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: How long does it take for a suspension order to be lifted?

Standard turnaround times for unsuspension is within 24 hours of Telstra receiving payment - not from when you have made the payment (bank turnaround times and the usual crap that applies to all banking services)

If you have paid in store or online, and can provide a reference number for the payment, then they may be able to start the unbarring process sooner prior to the payment landing on your account.

Chegzilla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Pay the bill. No one is punishing you. We are not kids nor is telstra a mummy or daddy. Offer the same time and patients your telstra service has offered.

Cheers,
Dave

Chegzilla
Level 10: Junior Detective
Accepted Solution

Standard turnaround times for unsuspension is within 24 hours of Telstra receiving payment - not from when you have made the payment (bank turnaround times and the usual crap that applies to all banking services)

If you have paid in store or online, and can provide a reference number for the payment, then they may be able to start the unbarring process sooner prior to the payment landing on your account.

Chegzilla

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to show your appreciation - mark solutions when you see them, and provide your Kudos wherever you see a fantastic answer.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now