CrowdSupport®
Moo9
Level 1: Cadet

How to seperate bills

Answered

Family members of mine have devices on a plan under my name and I was wondering if there was a way to have the bills sent to them instead of me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: How to seperate bills

That is going to depend on what you are trying to accomplish.

Given that the bills are in your name, I would recommend that if you are keeping the services under your name, then you should keep receiving the bills yourself and be forwarding them on. At least that way, you will be aware what the Bills are, as you are legally responsible for them.

If you wish to transfer the service into their name, go in to your nearest Telstra shop and ask for a change of ownership form and transfer the services into the names of the people who are using them.

If you wish for the services to remain under your name, but you want the bills sent to the individuals, you will need to give 132200 a call and speak to accounts about getting them separated into their own bills (rather than a single bill) and then change the postal address for each to match where you want them to go. Note: you will still be legally responsible for all charges incurred on those services and will have less visibility over them.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

That is going to depend on what you are trying to accomplish.

Given that the bills are in your name, I would recommend that if you are keeping the services under your name, then you should keep receiving the bills yourself and be forwarding them on. At least that way, you will be aware what the Bills are, as you are legally responsible for them.

If you wish to transfer the service into their name, go in to your nearest Telstra shop and ask for a change of ownership form and transfer the services into the names of the people who are using them.

If you wish for the services to remain under your name, but you want the bills sent to the individuals, you will need to give 132200 a call and speak to accounts about getting them separated into their own bills (rather than a single bill) and then change the postal address for each to match where you want them to go. Note: you will still be legally responsible for all charges incurred on those services and will have less visibility over them.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Moo9

Just to add to Jupiter comments, you can also find the change of ownership forms online via this link: https://tel.st/l5bxh

You can select the appropriate option and download the form at home, print and fax/email it back to us at your convenience.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

big-al1
Level 1: Cadet

on the 1st july I had a chat session with angeline reference billing we agreed to 25 dollar per month Sim card that she was going to mail to me at <Removed for your privacy> I am still waiting what is going on

Support Team
Support Team

Hey @big-al1

Sorry you've had some trouble with your order, your best option for assistance with your order will be get in touch with our team on 132200 or via live chat  https://tel.st/a4hzl and they can review your account or order details.

For future reference, I would recommend creating your own post when posting about a new issue unless the original post relates to your own query. This will help to keep the forum posts relevant to specific issues and not detract from anyone trying to help with the original post.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@Moo9 Its not a good idea to post your home address on a public forum.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now