CrowdSupport®
COOKEDMC96
Level 1: Cadet

Huge bill

Why do I have a 390 Telstra bill when I only used the internet Wi-Fi an watch Netflix a couple of times it's my first bill so I know there's a connection fee but I asked Telstra to not give me the technician activation fee because I put it all in myself so I'm being charged for something u didn't use

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Huge bill

You'll need to call billing on 13 22 00 tomorrow (as there currently arent open) to discuss your bill. They open at 8AM.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Level 21: Augmented

Re: Huge bill

You need to keep on mind that in the first bill you pay:

1. connection charge for the new customer (AFAIK $99.00 for contracts and $240.00 for casual plans) - this is not the technician fee, that would be even more extra...
  2. one month in advance (Telstra charges in advance)
  3. pro-rata from the day of connection to the first billing day

So, it could very possibly be that your fist bill is correct.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now