Highlighted
kjb
Level 1: Cadet

I have been waiting since Oct for a call back from a Resolution Officer in accounts.

Answered
After two years of great account service I have been having months of trouble over an account that should never have been opened in my name. I have made many phone calls regarding the issue and promised that a resolution officer will review my file and call me back. That was over a month ago. I have received no calls but I have been receiving large bills for the cancellation of the account that should never have been opened in the first place. Could you please tell me who I need to call or write to directly to get this issue resolved once and for all. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: I have been waiting since Oct for a call back from a Resolution Officer in accounts.

Kerri, I have edited your post as you included account numbers, phone numbers and other references. This is a public forum and it is highly advisable that you do not publish your details for your own privacy.

In this case I would suggest calling 132 000 and saying 'complaint' at the prompt. Request a case number and for a case manager to be assigned to get to the bottom of this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: I have been waiting since Oct for a call back from a Resolution Officer in accounts.

Do you have a case number?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

kjb

Hi DanK
No case number, I asked for one but was not given it. This was from Christine in Small Business. Neither would she give me her employee number (as many others do) but said she would call me with a case number at the end of the day (8 Oct, 2013). Didn't happen.

The account in question is <snip> for mobile (wireless) <snip>. The account is now closed with over $1100 owing. I do not owe this money fairly.

The basic problem is:
    1.    I was on a 24mnth 12gb wireless plan. I also bought 8gb data pack month to month.
    2.    My 12gb contract expired in Sept 2013.
    3.    I rang Telstra to see what new contracts were available. I thought there might be some newer better deals.
    4.    A sales rep (Craig Lomas - ID# <snip>) called me back. I told him I wanted a replacement plan for my now expired 12gb plan and that I would probably buy casual data packs of 8gb as required. We agreed on a 15gb 24month contract.
    5.    We began the phone recording. During the recording he asked if I agreed to a 15gb 24 month contract. I said yes. Then he asked if I agreed to a 8gb contract. I was surprised, didn't know what he was doing, but said yes anyway because recording (silly me).
    6.    Soon after my new modem arrived and two sim cards. The sales guy Craig had told me there would be two sim cards but they would be interchangeable . So I slip one of the sim in the modem and start using the internet.
    7.    A couple of weeks later, a sales rep from a store I have done business with previously (my initial wireless account) rings me to see if I want to change my contract now that it has expired. I tell him I already have. He does a couple of checks for me and finds an account in my name that is not my usual account number. He gives the mobile number for this account: <snip>. He explains that I could have had 25gb for less money than 15gb and 8gb casual plan. I start to think about the phone recording conversation and it's bothering me so I ring Telstra to find out exactly what my plan is.
    8.    After much toing and froing, phone calls with confused service reps, we finally work out that I had two phone numbers and two new accounts - <snip> for 15gb on one account number (not my old account) and another 8gb on <snip> on a 24mnth contract on a third account number.  I tell the service reps I didn't ask for a 24mnth 8gb contract and had no need for two cards on a shared plan. PLUS, it turns out I had put the 8gb sim in my modem and gone over the usage and so had a huge excess usage bill as well.
    9.    This whole experience has been surreal in a mildly Kafka way. I start out wanting to renew a normal contract on my normal account and all of a sudden I am in a confusing mess of multiple accounts and contracts for services. And now Telstra want over $1100 to fix the confusing mess.
    10.    What kind of annoys me the most is that the sales rep Lomas id# <snip>didn't even try to sell me the 25gb plan which would have given me more gb for less $.

What I have now
    1.    I now have one active account that contains my landline, my mobile phone and my wireless broadband at an upgraded 25gb in Nov. My customer number for this account is <snip> - which is my old account number. Some service reps were able to consolidate the confusing accounts.
    2.    I also have the outstanding account <snip> for over $1100

What I would like Telstra to do.
    1.    Go through my last accounts for the two customer numbers above.
    2.    Calculate my charges from the Sept change of contract based on 15gb contract and 8gb casual and work out what I fairly owe for that until I changed my contract in Nov to 25gb .
    3.    Remove all other charges from any other accounts and stop sending me threatening letters that my $1100 bill is going to collections.

Thanks for your assistance, DanK. Please feel free to ask for further clarification or information.

Cheers,
Kerri

Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Kerri, I have edited your post as you included account numbers, phone numbers and other references. This is a public forum and it is highly advisable that you do not publish your details for your own privacy.

In this case I would suggest calling 132 000 and saying 'complaint' at the prompt. Request a case number and for a case manager to be assigned to get to the bottom of this for you.

kjb

Hi DanK.

I will do that. I didn't know I could ask for a complaint case manager. Thanks for the info.

Kerri

Community Manager

Happy to help

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now