CrowdSupport®
foogath
Level 2: Rookie

I recently moved house. Telstra changed my billing address. Why??

Answered

When I moved, I transferred all existing services to my new address. The only change was Cable Broadband had to change to ADSL. I have had my bills sent to me by email for a long time. After I moved, the next bill was NOT sent. I only doscovered it yesterday by logging into My Account. I paid it straightaway. Please ensure I am NOT charged an overdue fee as it was not my fault I paid late. Please also make sure ALL bills in future are emailed to me, as they should be. They should go to the email address on My Account.

*Account number removed to protect your privacy* 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
foogath
Accepted Solution

Re: I recently moved house. Telstra changed my billing address. Why??

Thanks for your reply, Dave, and for removing personal details. I wasn't sure exactly where my original query would go. I tried the Facebook route to Telstra as each time I've tried the 24/7 chat line over the last 24 hr, the queue has been 100+ long. Telstra is making it increasingly harder to get support. My email bill from Telstra arrived reliably for several years. I don't really think it's my responsibility to ensure that the bills that Telstra sends me go to where I've told Telstra to send them! It's Telstra's responsibility to make sure that its own administration systems work properly. From my experience, they are not always good at this - as some successful complaints to the Telecommunications Ombudsman have shown. When I previously had hard copy bills sent, Telstra successfully scrambled my snail mail address a number of times so that I didn't get the hard copy bills either. People need to keep insisting that Telstra treat their customers properly.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero

Hi there,

This being an open public forum it's not recommend to supply your private info for the world to see..

Secondly not many folks here have the power nor the ability to access your account. Could I recommend you double check your account settings and maybe setup extra notifications just so your not relying on a single email that can disappear to phantom land.

Finally if there's any need for credits or account changes outside your control I can only recommend you contact telstra directly.
http://livechat.telstra.com

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted
foogath
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your reply, Dave, and for removing personal details. I wasn't sure exactly where my original query would go. I tried the Facebook route to Telstra as each time I've tried the 24/7 chat line over the last 24 hr, the queue has been 100+ long. Telstra is making it increasingly harder to get support. My email bill from Telstra arrived reliably for several years. I don't really think it's my responsibility to ensure that the bills that Telstra sends me go to where I've told Telstra to send them! It's Telstra's responsibility to make sure that its own administration systems work properly. From my experience, they are not always good at this - as some successful complaints to the Telecommunications Ombudsman have shown. When I previously had hard copy bills sent, Telstra successfully scrambled my snail mail address a number of times so that I didn't get the hard copy bills either. People need to keep insisting that Telstra treat their customers properly.

Level 23: Superhero

I never changed your post the Moderators did. I'm merely a customer like yourself. I can only suggest you check your settings in your "My Account" as telstra have been doing upgrades and it's possible things have gone astray.

Just remember that unless in a private chat with telstra posting personal information any where on the net Facebook/ forums ect will always end in tears as there load of id theft going on out there!

Cheers,
Dave

Leon24
Level 1: Cadet

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Leon24,

Following up, have you had the chance to have a chat with us in relation to your billing details? If so, how did it go?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now