CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

IG8 PTY LTD

I’ve tried to resolve the same unauthorised third party charges from IG8 Pty Ltd during the past week as the hundreds of others here have too. You can’t get through to speak with anyone on the 1300 number for IG8. When I’ve tried to resolve it with Telstra, I was initially put on hold for half an hour, then transferred twice for no apparent reason, then promised a call back because their ‘systems were down’, then applied for another call back because the first one never happened and then when the second one didn’t happen either, resorted to 24x7 chat. The chat person said they’d stopped the charges but that I’d have to go back to IG8 for the $39.60 refund. I explained I had tried to do this but it was not possible, that the ABN number I looked up did not exist and I needed Telstra to give me the credit. The chat person tricked me into clicking the crowd support link, which ended my chat. Why is this so difficult? This whole thing is clearly a scam, which Telstra continues to facilitate. Please credit my account so I can pay my bill. I don’t want late charges on top.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: IG8 PTY LTD

Hi tunachic, 

Sorry to hear that our Billing team has not been able to help resolve the Third Party Charge issue for you. 

If you have not been able to get in touch with the provider successfully to request the subscription is cancelled and refunded, then a formal complaint can be lodged online here:  https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

A Complaint Case Manager will be assigned to help follow up and assist. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: IG8 PTY LTD

With no repsonse to my complaint lodged with Telstra, and additional charges appearing on my next bill, I made a complaint to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. They were swift and excellent to deal with and Telstra finally contacted me and credited my account.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit