cheeky
Level 1: Cadet

IG8 PTY LTD

IG8 PTY LTD is not a scam - I have a $6.60 charge on my account for this also for many months - I looked at the bottom of my account as to what this third party charge was - It had a discription INPHO19904598MT - this is a premium SMS - it also has a number IG8 PTY LTD 48 150 714 39 - 1300 795070.

I called this number and unsubscribed to this premium SMS.  This was something that was accessed on my mobile.

Before abusing Telstra - please look at your account clearly if have been charged then call the 1300 number to unsubscribe.

Option 1 unsubscribes or option 2 you can talk to a real person and they will explain to you what has been subscribed by a TEXT message by using 1900 number from your very own mobile phone.

Once you have this info it may jog your memory as to what this charge actually is!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
71 REPLIES 71
AJS3
Level 2: Rookie

Re: IG8 PTY LTD

I texted the number on the SMS to unsubscribe in December (as per the instructions in the SMS) yet I'm still getting charged $5 per month.

As far as I can see it's a very suspect business practice from IG8 PTY LTD to continually charge for a service that I have no evidence of any product being delivered to me.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi AJS3

Have you tried contacting them on 1300 795 070 to get this sorted out?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tracy09

I have been charged several times for something I have not subscribed to (this is a business phone). I have responded twice to text messages by texting STOP yet I am still being charged. I have also tried the phone number you have suggested but am unable to get past a recorded voice. 

If this is not a scam then why am I still being charged?? Why am I still receiving texts when I have told you to stop??

This is really not good enough - I want to talk to someone and I want a refund!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Tracy09,

Welcome to CrowdSupport

I can certainly understand that charges for Third Party Purchase can be very frustrating if you don't know where they're originating from. These charges can be anything from ringtones you have purchased to voting or entering a competition. Most third parties require payment, or a series of payments for their content which Telstra pays to the provider on your behalf. We then include these charges on your bill.

If you have queries, complaints or issues of any kind – please first contact the company directly. If their details aren’t listed on your bill, use the 19 Service Finder at http://19SMS.com.au by entering the 19 number and the date that appears on your bill. This website will give you details of the company that is charging you for content and tell you how to unsubscribe.

Telstra also provides the option of barring premium services completely. Barring is free, and you won’t be charged for Premium SMS services once they’re barred. Barring won’t restrict your other services – but please be aware, it may take up to one business day to take effect. Call us on 13 22 00, or complete the form at http://telstra.com/psms-barring to bar Premium SMS.

Telstra TechMates have also released a video called ‘Third Party Content Charges’ that can be viewed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXJ9-veg6Bs

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Tracy09

Thank you for your quick response. 

I had filled out a form and Premium barring was activated 19th April which was confirmed via an email and I will be taking this up with Telstra in store within the next couple of days. 

IG8 were contacted and I was told I have no subsciption!!

justaguy

I too received a bill with 4 charges of $6.60 on my account from a supposed IG8 PTY LTD

did some investigating, the ABN number that was on my bill ABN 48 150 714 39 doesn't exist.

however according to the description "INPHO19904322MT" together with the Provider "IG8 PTY LTD"

I was able to pin point it down to a premium SMS company called Inpho Interactive,

By heading to the Australian Business Registry website and doing a search for the ABN on my bill and the Provider on my bill.

http://abr.business.gov.au/

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=48151071439

SCUMBAGS of the world.

http://www.inpho.com.au/index.html

On their Contact Us page it gives instructions on how to STOP your subscribtion. Time will tell.

http://www.inpho.com.au/contact.html

In my opinion these charges should be void as the ABN doesnt exist.

Try it with your own bill. If you type in the ABN from your bill into the Australian Business Registry website, try and find the business.

For me it came up with nothing.

Otherwise try and type in the provider name. in this case IG8 PTY LTD. The first link took me to the inpho interactive website,

which coincidentally shows up as INPHO19904322MT in the description part on my bill.

These guys need to be stopped. should be brought to the Fair Trade Ombudsman. I don't know how to or where to even start. But if someone does, rip these A**HOLES a new one.

jenbrown01

Hi everyone,

I have been scrolling for hours and have not seen one successful solution. My bill has added six $6.60 charges this month. Like many others on this forum, we did not subscribe to this premium membership. I think Telstra should be held accountable as it was their account system that has been hacked. It is not the bill payers responsibility to unsubscribe but the organisation that has been hacked. Surely Telstra can sever the relationship with a corupted company?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jenbrown01

Adam's post above is a successful solution - and will ensure that this situation doesn't arise again. 

We would recommend contacting IG8 who can let you know how the subscription occurred as well as arranging a refund, however if you have any difficulty arranging a refund through them, you're more than welcome to contact our Mobile team on 13 22 00 who will be more than happy to assist you in accessing a refund. 

I do have to state though, Telstra do not consider these services to be a scam and hacking is not involved in these situations. Typically it is users clicking on advertisements in ads for Premium SMS services, they're often found in articles accessed from Facebook for example. However when the subscription is added to a service, a text message is sent to the user to ensure they're aware of the subscription - which if they respond with STOP will immediately cancel the service, ensuring charges aren't added. So if you do receive further messages, following the opt out instructions will ensure that you don't continue to incur new charges.

eezrednav

Hello,

I too just looked at my bill and was charged by this "company". Despite the time that is stated on my bill I haven't even recieved any messages or phone calls made. This is 100% a scam. Are you suggesting the only way to stop this is to pass over more of my contact details to them? 

I am reporting to ScamWatch immediately.

ItsAscam

Its a scam.
I subscribed to nothing.
ItsAscam

Not much support.
This is a scam.
I subscribed to nothing.
How do we block these charges?
Not just from these criminals but all your accomplices?
PeterDor

Its a scam. TELSTRA should be doing something about this but give people the runaround when they enquire

C_24

I recently discovered that regular payments of $6.60 have been charged to my Telstra mobile account from a third party company called IG8 Pty Ltd. The charges had been coming out for the last three months without me realising it - except that my monthly bill was exceeding my plan total per month so I decided to find out where the extra charges were coming from. I called Telstra to ask whom IG8 Pty Ltd were and it was recommended that I call the company to see if I could resolve the issue. I spoke to an employee from their call centre about my receiving these unexpected charges and said I'd like to unsubscribe and be reimbursed as I was unaware of even agreeing to a Premium SMS service in the first place. They wanted to confirm my mobile number and send a cheque to my email address (I'm sure you can't do that) so I refused to give them my email and asked for the cheque to be sent to my mailing address. I was assured that it would arrive in fifteen days so guess I'll wait and see. They didn't even ask for the ID numbers of each charge to my Telstra account so I'm fairly sure I won't see any money returned. They also assured me that I would be unsubscribed from their service (which I don't even know what service they provide). I decided to request a Premium SMS barring for my mobile numer with Telstra to make doubly sure I never get unexpected charges again - fingers crossed!

I'd like to see Telstra take a more proactive role in letting their customers know about extra charges on their accounts. I already receive automated texts about my SMS, call and data usage (by %) so I can't see why they couldn't do the same for Third Party charges. After all, Telstra is invoicing their clients for the total bill and the amount is payable to Telstra so surely they are somewhat liable - even if only for fair business trade and providing a safe service for their customers.

BazzaMan

Discovered I'd been paying $5.00 or so, each month since January 2017. Pays to look more closely at your bill than I did!

Just got off the phone from Telstra. Took over an hour but I'm hopeful that my issue with IG8 is resolved. Last words in Dumas' - The Count of Monte Cristo... "Wait and hope."

Joe, a senior tech at Telstra, called IG8 on my behalf. After an initial try on 1300 795 030 and a dead-end loop of automated options, and having read through the forum thread here, I was not at all confident in being able to deal directly with IG8 myself.

FYI - Telstra staff cannot see this forum, so I had to explain to Joe what the backstory was. Good on you all for your entries. Smiley Happy

Staffer at IG8 told Joe at Telstra...

1) I would be getting a cheque from IG8 refunding the charges - (but that it would arrive in the mail in about 2 weeks).

2) I was being charged for a game... "Slider Game".

Refund? Good news! "Wait and hope".

"Slider Game"??? What da??? I knew nothing of this game. Never played it. What I did get was the occasional random SMS. Something about a "Slider Code"??!?! Just dismissed and deleted these. Other web searches suggest this whole thing may have come via a "click" in FaceBook and some point. Who really knows?

Suggestions:

1) Try your luck directly with IG8. (Hummph!)

2) Call Telstra and do as I did. Get Telstra to call IG8.

3) While you are in the phone to Telstra, if you don't mind, get them to BLOCK ALL THIRD PARTY PURCHASES on one or more mobile devices on your account; ie. mobile phone/s, iPad/s, etc. This is the only way to stop the same thing happening again.

Then… “Wait and hope.”

Cheers,

BazzaMan

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey @BazzaMan,

Another suggestion when you receive the random SMS, is to reply STOP to the SMS which should take you off the subscription list and stop you from receiving messages. 

-Georgie

hcr23

Hi BazzaMan;

Just curious have you actually received your cheque?

This is the second time I have 'tried' to unsubscribe from IG8 the first time Telstra actually credited me the charges no cheque required or coversation with IG8.  They also put a block on premium SMS services.

However just got my next bill and low and behold another two charges of $6.60 have been charged on it.

Have called Telstra put on hold in a conference call with IG8 same as you they are posting me a cheque for the $13.20.  I have subsequently told Telstra that I will pay my bill not inclusive of the 13.20 and I will pay this when I receive the chequeSmiley Happy

So damn frustrating.

HCR

Support Team
Support Team

Hi C_24, 

Thats a good idea, please share this on our Idea Exchange https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-Ideas/idb-p/Idea_Exchange_Telstra_Consumer 

This is a place where customers can submit ideas that about ways in which we can improve our products and services. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

js171020
Level 3: Gumshoe

I just got a $5.00 bill from the same crooks, I have NOT subscribed to anything and I will NOT unsubscribe or call anyone.

I will simply NOT pay the $5.00, it's telstra's responsiblity to manage their network and keep it free from crooks.

Telstra was in the sin bin for about 15 years, we have only "made up" just over a year ago and this is likely to break the firendship again!

And by the way I have NO RECORD of an SMS for the date and time listed, just an SMS about the Telstra NBN coming to my area and it was about 4 hours earlier that the supposed premium message.

Or is telstra charging their clients to promote their products now?

If anyone from telstra wants to contact me privately to sort this out please do, otherwise it's war untill December when my contract expires and it's "hasta la vista baby".

Support Team
Support Team

Hi js-telstra,

Sorry to read that you have a fee on your account of $5 that you can not account for, these type of things are always confusing.

If it says 'third party charges' they are a service that you can use on your phone, along the same lines of the 0055 competition lines that used to be around when I was a teenager (showing my age!)

All telecommunications companies in Australia need to make these available to you to use if you so wish to, there of course is the option not to use them, or to block them on request. These third party services can be competitions, voting services, subscriptions services, ring tones, advice, lots of different things basically.

You can find out all the rules & get some more insight into what service/company was used online here http://www.19sms.com.au/

We also have some great info here Third Party Purchases

If you want to request these  all be barred (bear in mind some people have realized after barring that that they do need to call them) chat to us on the following sceure chat link  http://tel.st/49kl

Get Back to me if you need further assistance.

Angela  

ThisIsIllegal

G'day Angela_H and Telstra,

You've missed the point complettely here. Maybe intentually? I've come to this thread because I to have discovered a charge on my latest Telstra bill for $5.00 for a third party entity that I did not subsribe to and that is an obvious scam. It's only $5.00 but that's surely part of the scam - hoping people wont notice??? - get a small amount off many people and it adds up to LOTS of $???.

Lets get down to tin-tacks here:

1. I've no idea what the third party company is and have NEVER had any communication with them.

2. Your bill to me lists a non-existant ABN. Ref:www.abr.business.gov.au The ABN referenced on my bill (account number 2000 13520 3451) is 48 150 714 39. The ABN for the company company referanced is 48 151 071 439 - THIS ALONE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT TELSTRA SHOULD NOT BE CHARGING ME FOR THESE MONIES.

3. FFS Telstra, why does this exist at all? You're one of Australia's biggest companies and you're claiming that you're just passing on monies owing from third party entities and not making any $ from doing so????? Google IG8 PTY LTD and see the reputational damage you're doing to yourself. And for what???

Now, to the heart of my matter:

I'll be calling you tomorrow. I'll sit on your "help" line for ages and then talk to someone who is clueless about this matter and not empowered to do anything about it. It will cost me HEAPS of my valuable time.  

YOUR executives have sat around tables discussing (and approving?) things that are designed to rip your customers off.

THIS AMOUNT SHOULD COME OFF MY PHONE BILL IMMEDIATLY.

Your practices of billing YOUR customers for services that you cannot verify sould stop IMMEDIATLY. We've been customers of Telstra for 40 years, and we even have shares in the plurry company, 

For your own sake and ours. The ethical option is on the table. How about it?

I look forward to your considered reply,

In hope (but without confidence),

John.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi John, 

Third Party Charges are initiated from the handset either by an app, purchasing online or via SMS/Calling. The charges for these services are passed on by Telstra from the content provider. This will give some details on these:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Billing-Payments-KB/Premium-SMS-and-Telstra-Carrier-Billing/t...

This is something out of our hands and you may wish to add Premium SMS barring.  You can arrange this here:

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Premium-SMS-barring

You will need to contact the provider to request the charges to cease. This link gives details on Premium SMS companies:

http://www.19sms.com.au/

Normally replying STOP to these services forfeits their rights to further charges.

If you believe this is a scam please report it to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) www.accc.gov.au. You can also report it by calling 1300 302 502.

js171020

Ian_T this is absolutely DISGUSTING! Telstra will end up in court like the Commonwealth bank for allowing people to be ripped off like this with their account system, and I'm one of them.

I have NEVER agreed for my phone to be used as a credit card, third party purchases should be OFF by default unless someone EXPLICITLY asks for this service.

So I suggest to everyone DON'T PAY THE CHARGES, I will deduct $10 from my bill payment this month for the 2 charges on the past 2 bills and then let's see Telstra charging me $15 for not paying on time every month, they will need to take me to court to get that money.

I only have a couple of months left on my contract and if this is not sorted out I will leave Telstra, including Internet and Phone.

If someone from Telstra wants to get in touch with me you have my details as I have logged in.

No-more-BS

THIS IS A SCAM AND COMPLETE BS from all parties involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been charged by this scam of a company twice now and complained to Telstra and the supposed registed pty ltd company IG8.......

WHEN IS TELSTRA GOING TO WAKE UP TO THIS AND STOP THIS CRAP FROM HAPPENING....WE ARE ALL BEING ROBBED IN BROAD DAYLIGHT...

DO SOMETHING TELSTRA YO

spyda57

19 Service Finder - Results

Premium Number:

Service Provider:

Magicplanet Investments Ltd

Campaign name:

Play Zone

Campaign type:

Game Play Portal

Campaign start Date:

01/10/2015

Campaign end Date:

01/11/2020

Campaign Description:                   Play Zone is a pay per use games portal.

You pay for sending a TXT message to this service:

$0.25 You pay for receiving a TXT message from this service(*):

$6.60  …….Cust Care Phone No:1800856918

hope this helps 

LW50

I'm another unhappy victim of the $6.85 IG8 scam.

I spent an hour or so with Telstra call centre getting inadequate explanation, a block put on, instructions on sending the "stop' message to IG8, and getting a credit.

However, this is clearly a scam and Telstra is complicit, presumably taking a collection fee.

So I have just visited my Commonwealth MPs office and arranged that they will send a letter to the Minister for Telecommunications asking why this is allowed, and to STOP it, Telstra has known of the problem for ages, as evidenced by this board. It seems like a straightforward fix, that Telstra ( and presumably the other Telcos) be required to have customers proper consent before allowing a third party to bill thru them.

I encourage everyone else to do the same, as clearly Telstra has no intention to do anything about it except the call centres guidance on stopping, for those of us who spot the charge on their accounts.

mcMONkii

IG8 PTY LTD - INPHO19904598MT

Call 1300 795070 to disable the PREMIUM SMS on 19904598 

Hi

I was billed by IG8 PTY LTD a $5 charge on my account just after I upgraded/renew my post paid mobile contract.

For anyone information, on encountering this IG8 PTY LTD - INPHO19904598MT issue.

Kind Regards 

Andy_Roos

This is a scam.
I have just got my Telstra bill via the Telstra App. I myself have this $6.60 premium charge from IG8 Pty Ltd with description INPHO19771978MT and the ABN 4815071439.

I did not subscribe or click on a random link and I have the evidence to prove it.

Lucky for me the charge was made on the 30th of Aug and my bill came through today. Only 12 days after. So finding the evidence was easy. You see I was sent a text message, I would upload a screenshot but crowd suppprt doesn't allow it. So instead I'll copy/paste it.

"Welcome to GameNation! Enjoy your latest game updates here: http://bit.ly/1TE24qN Reply stop to 19771978 to quit. MAL. Help 1800_856916"

At the time when it came through I immediately blocked the number like I do with all spam texts. I didn't reply stop because I didn't sign up to anything. And assumed it was just another random trying to get me to click a link.

I had been driving for 2hrs so no chance to sign up for anything. The number and the time stamp is exactly what is on my bill. And the ABN matches 'justaguy' on May 28.

I will be going into Telstra in the morning with my bill and text message. I WILL succeed in being reimbursed and hopefully be on the track to shutting these type of signups down.

My advice: check the date with your text messages.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

HI Andy_Roos

The 3rd party Premium Texts are an extremely frustrating part of our lives.

Firstly, you need to SMS STOP if you haven't already, and for re-imbursement, you will need to speak with the relevant company.

From Telstra's end, you will need to have a block applied to your account, to ensure no further charges can be applied. This is easily done online via  http://tel.st/unap select Mobile and then Premium SMS barring,. 

Kind Regards 

Cuzzybro

What a scam.

I have just noticed these 3rd Party charges on my mobile account. I followed the link in the other post and called and chatted with a lady. I have gone back over my last 12 months of bills and I have been charged a total of $283.60 for this so called service I signed up to (NOT).

I was told that someone would contact me in the next 4 days and a cheque will be sent out to me reimbursing for the $283.60.  Lets hope I get my money back. 

Pepper09

I too have been charged by this company for a 'service' that I have never subscribed to. It is only $0.25, but it makes me angry Telstra allows this to happen and does not want to take responsibility.

After a chat with the support team who did not really want to answer my questions and tried to suggest, that I must have signed up to something or other, I decided to contact the Telecommunications Ombudsman. I'm not really sure it will solve anything but I suggest that everyone does the same. Hopefully, if enough people complain, something will happen.

I'm not really bothered by the 25 cents, but I find it appalling that Telstra allows shonky third parties whose ABN does not even exist to charge customer through Telstra billing system and does not want to hear about the problem.

Telstra, please pull your head out of the sand and re-read some of the comments here. It is almost criminal you let this happen.

Brad1982

In response to what you have said here (cut and pasted) ''However when the subscription is added to a service, a text message is sent to the user to ensure they're aware of the subscription - which if they respond with STOP will immediately cancel the service, ensuring charges aren't added.'' This has happened to me, however, my service is a data only service, an iPad. I cannot call or send text messages to my iPad phone number, so however this IG8 service gained access to my mobile account and started charging it, it is fraud, and if any such text message was sent by the fraudulent company, I never recieved it. Not to worry though, Telstra have already sorted this out for my, I was just reading up on this company, came across this thread and felt compelled to reply to this particular part of the thread.

Brad1982

I too got two charges of .25 and one $6.60 charge. Fraudulent company somehow gains access to your account and starts charging it.
jdrsdy

I have been charged $7.10 in my latest bill  Smiley Sad

I have reported this scam to Australian Competition & Consumer Commission:  https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam

I encourage everyone to report so that the authorities get to know about this scam and take appropriate action.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jdrdsy

Thanks for raising these concerns.

Do you have an SMS with the ability to send STOP to ensure no further charges can be applied? If so, and you haven't already, can you please do this.

The next thing you need to do, is to apply a block on your account to ensure that you can no longer be charged for these Messages. This can be done either via  http://tel.st/unap under the Mobile Tab, or by speaking with our 24x7 Billing Team  http://tel.st/49kl, you will need to ask for Premium SMS Barring to be applied. 

As of December 3 2017, Telstra is no longer allowing these charges to be applied to Customer accounts. https://exchange.telstra.com.au/making-right-call-third-party-subscription-services/

Kind Regards 

js171020

And this garbage still goes on and Telstra must be making some money out of this! I spent a few hours trying to get this to stop, I manage to speak to someone from Telstra who kindly refunded $10 for the past 2 months' scam and promised that all of this would stop and guess what? Just got another $5 charge from the same crooks thanks to Telstra.

So off to spend a lot more time trying to get this fixed AGAIN!!!! Robot Mad

scout14

This company who has done this to us needs to be held accountable. I searched the company to email them/ find their website and nothing works.

I am so annoyed that this has happened. I have just done a barring on it all.

The worst thing is I didn't realise for a few months as I don't look at my account unless it is well out of the normal.

Did any one else doing anything about this legally?

yaksta

Just noticed 2 charges on latest bill of $6.60. Will now have to check previous bills. Telstra will refund this money and any previous charges or we'll take mobiles, internet and home phones elsewhere.

mcMONkii

Here's another ...

For the 5th Sep to 4th Oct bill, I was charged the $5 again - as dated:

06 Sep 06:40pm INPHO19960006MT 1 IG8 PTY LTD

I called the "IG8 PTY LTD 48 150 714 39 1300 795070" and I was told yes I had cancelled the service on 11th September, but I must have also initiated some kind of Premium Service on the 6th September .... so, I HAVE TO PAY!

Let's see what the Oct/Nov bill be. If I get another charge, legally I will reach out to Ombudsman https://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/

Street5

Have not subscribed

Been charged for months complete SCAM

Why does Telstra have there contact on there Telephone bills to contact.

They are SCAMMERS they should be shut down.

The contact number for IG8 PTY LTD on my bill is not the help contact the number is 1300332245 I am waiting on a refund we will see.

IFGCoast

regarding IG8, This is appalling. I have been charged 52.80 this last month for something I never subscribed to. Earlier months they charged me once or twice which I didn't notice,then obviously decided they could ramp it up. I think I'm being charged for some junk SMS I don't look at and never asked for. How can companies get away with this?

I never subscribed to anything. I hardly use the device it is on. I am disgusted telstra allows this. There is no way I signed up for this. I will be contacting the telecommunications ombudsmen.

I am trying to talk t someone in testra but after clicking the call back queue option, Telstra called me back then immediately put me through to the feedback questions on whether my problem was resolved! Starting that process again!

IFGCoast

I did finally get through to operator and am getting re-reimbursed the last month of this dodgy deal I never signed up for. That is certainly a relief. I really think senior people in Telstra need to look into this business and it operations.

Timetochange

IG8 pty pld,, never ever subscribed, yet teslra say I’m lying. Spoke to them today and was treated like a fool and was shown zero respect. I asked if they could bloke all premiums calls as they have failed to stop these charges.inwas told I would have to drive 3 hours to local Telstra shop to request them to stop it... I’ve never heard of such garbage advise..they can do it from where ever there based, yet they tell me I would have to do the drive. All I want is the charges to stop and they could t care less. Money grabbing thieves.
Timetochange

Telstra are as bad as ig8 I’m not acting to stop the charges.
Pdg1

I have never subscribed to anything from IG8 (spontaneousPlay). I just spent a significant amount of time with the Telstra 13 22 00 people and was able to have the subscription stopped.  Received an SMS from 0428 425 967 advising the subscription had been cancelled.   

Telstra were good enough to give me a $5 credit on my next bill. Time will tell.  

Spend the the time it's worth it. 

QLdPlil

It must be a scam as there is no company with this ABN. This makes Telstra responsible as they are allowing a scam to exist. 

D4n

Have this charge as well, have never subscribed to anything. I HATE SMS so I would never use any premium sms service. This is a scam and Telstra a responsible for letting it happen. You should sort your **bleep** out Telstra before you have a class action on your hands.

Tom112435

Telstra,

This is absolutely unacceptable. I can not believe I'm going through this situation. How is it possible that a "third party" can charge me for something I never agreed to, signed up for, tapped or clicked on and with the support of Telstra?!

You can say it's nothing to do with you but it's your accounting system. You control who has the ability to charge your customers. We rely on you to prevent and protect us from fraud like this.

To make matters worse, when I call your call centre to get this sorted the first response was "ah yes, this is an automatic subscription that we can just turn off and stop it happening again.". How is this automatic?! This is the sort of thing that should require multiple pop up "agree" response windows. I only got to a point of being given a refund (from Telstra, not the third party) because I lost my mind at the poor person in the call centre, I shouldn't be pushed to this stage in the first place. I've never shouted at an employee before and thanks to Telstra I've been forced to.

Telstra, your customer service is disgraceful, your disregard for customers well being is shocking and you're getting worse. You set us up for a bad experience with the 15 questions in the call centre menu before getting through to an operator with a terrible phone connection, a delay on the line, broken english and a script to read from that doesn't cover any of the questions I've got.

Honestly, you need a GOOD customer service centre IN Australia... Minimum. With well trained staff that have the knowledge and, most importantly, the authority to actually do something to help. Then you need to protect your customers. It's that simple.

withns

I too received the $5 bill on my account which I recieved today.

I apparently subscribed at 7 pm on the 11th Nov.  Which is impossible as I would have been at work no where near my phone!!!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi withns,

Please have a chat to our billing team via http://tel.st/49kl or 132200, and we can check this out for you.

– Ern

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now