CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Abacus
Level 2: Rookie

Incorrect charges for new 4g modem

Answered

I was contacted by Telstra by telephone about my 3G/3gb wireless internet account.  They offered me a new 4G/4gb account for the same price, and the only extra charge to be incurred by me was to be $9.95 delivery fee for the new modem.  When almost 2 weeks later it still had not arrived, I called and asked why. The operator said there had been an error made by the original operator who called me, that she had fixed the error and sure enough the new modem arrived by courier two days later.  I duly installed the modem and all was fine until my next account arrived.  From a monthly bundled account of average $160, I got one for $541!!!  There was a charge of $359.50  for cancellation of my 3G account. After two online live chats about the matter, I was told the charge would be reversed on my next bill.  In other words, I was required to pay $359 I did not owe, then would be credited with it the next month.  I emailed Telstra and asked that the charge be reversed now, as I simply cannot afford to pay this.  So far no reply and the full amount is still showing as owing on my account.  I truly wish I had never agreed to the new modem and I cannot wait until I can get out of the incompetent and greedy clutches of Telstra.  I am at a loss as to what more I can do about this.  The Ombudsman is my next port of call.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Incorrect charges for new 4g modem

@Abacus wrote:

Thank you JCKH I think I will contact them again and ask for the incorrect charge to be held in abeyance as you suggest.  I am so stressed about this I am literally developing a rash (tmi I know).  Thanks again.

Don't worry about it too much, these things can be easily fixed if you don't panic and just call and ask them to help Smiley Happy

Any issues, feel free to come back here and we can see what we can do Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Abacus
Accepted Solution

Hallelujah!  I just kept plugging away until I got someone on live chat who understood the issue and reassured me that all was well.  It's just that the language when issues are being explained can be quite ambiguous, and there is no real clarity to the answers at times.  Anyway I am so relieved this is over, it has been a bit of a nightmare.  So thank you to Oliver the live chat consultant who saved the day.  :smileyhappy  And of course thank you to those on here who offered assistance and encouragement. Much appreciated Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Abacus,

I'm sorry to hear there's been such a mess around with the new modem!

I think it is possible given the crediting situation to request a hold on the outstanding $359 until the next bill lands with the applicable credit for that amount, to save you from having to pay that large amount. Generally our billing area is also happy to waive the $15 late fee which may auto-generate as well because of the extenuating circumstances.

If any of the Mods see this, is it possible to pick this case up and organise the appropriate actions to help get a resolution on this one?

Cheers
Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Ben_F

For a faster resolution, the OP may wish to try LiveChat

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

good call ben, that's also a good way to go as well abacus Smiley Happy
Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Abacus

Thank you JCKH I think I will contact them again and ask for the incorrect charge to be held in abeyance as you suggest.  I am so stressed about this I am literally developing a rash (tmi I know).  Thanks again.

Ben_F
Accepted Solution

@Abacus wrote:

Don't worry about it too much, these things can be easily fixed if you don't panic and just call and ask them to help Smiley Happy

Any issues, feel free to come back here and we can see what we can do Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Abacus
Accepted Solution

Hallelujah!  I just kept plugging away until I got someone on live chat who understood the issue and reassured me that all was well.  It's just that the language when issues are being explained can be quite ambiguous, and there is no real clarity to the answers at times.  Anyway I am so relieved this is over, it has been a bit of a nightmare.  So thank you to Oliver the live chat consultant who saved the day.  :smileyhappy  And of course thank you to those on here who offered assistance and encouragement. Much appreciated Smiley Happy

Abacus

And thank you also to those who offered their assistance and encouragement Smiley Very Happy

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now