CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
a-don
Level 3: Gumshoe

Incorrect data usage reporting

Answered

I have a expired contract which clearly states I have 2GB of data per month.

Yet I am getting texts telling me about my usage as a percentage of 1GB.

Because Telstra does not have a email enquiry - I can either wait in their ridiculously long online queue - ain't happening or be forced to call them and wait in another ridiculously long queue. Terrible service. At least at iiNet they have a call back feature (at no cost to you) if there is a queue at the call centre. Get with the times Telstra.

Anyway last month I called and the call centre rep said yes I'll fix that but clearly only fixe it for one month.

How can I get the message through to Telstra without having to spend an eon in their online queue or on the phone???

Seriously poor service all round.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
a-don
Accepted Solution

Re: Incorrect data usage reporting

even worse ... have just been sent a bill for supposedly excess data og 1,625 GB after the call centre person said she would fix it. And it hasnt been fixed at all. grrrrrrr. now i have to call yet again and pay 30c per 30 second to listen to their hold music

a-don
Accepted Solution

Ok I found a simple solution to my problem.

Yesterday I went into Telstra and took out a new plan - $70 a month includes $950 of calls, unlimited sms and 2.5GB of data.

Increased call allowances, better sms, unlimited calls 7pm-7am, and 0.5GB more data. And it's $9 cheaper a month than my old plan.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
a-don
Accepted Solution

even worse ... have just been sent a bill for supposedly excess data og 1,625 GB after the call centre person said she would fix it. And it hasnt been fixed at all. grrrrrrr. now i have to call yet again and pay 30c per 30 second to listen to their hold music

a-don
Accepted Solution

Ok I found a simple solution to my problem.

Yesterday I went into Telstra and took out a new plan - $70 a month includes $950 of calls, unlimited sms and 2.5GB of data.

Increased call allowances, better sms, unlimited calls 7pm-7am, and 0.5GB more data. And it's $9 cheaper a month than my old plan.

FrustratedX1000
Level 2: Rookie

I have not been able to see my data usage since the 30 March 2016. Numerous calls to telstra call center did not olve the problem. I did get a call about a week ago that there had been a "major impact incident"??? and that they were trying to fix it. Telstra promised all would be sorted out by 5/5/2016. Well, guess what? IT'S NOT!!!

I have received at least 4 emails from telstra stating that my MyAccount issue is being fixed and providing me with a number to quote if I need to investigate further. They also promise to call me in the next 24-48 hours.....

At the time of the call, I suggested quite vigorously to the person who called me with this jargon that as far as I was concerned a "Major impact incident" could also be a MV accident causing death, and PLEASE to speak to me in plain english!

Has anyone had a similar problem? I mean, in Telstraspeak it is a "Major impact incident" which actually means that many customers have been affected. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi FrustratedX1000,

If you are unhappy with the response you have received to your data usage issue we do have a formal complaint process which you can make use of. We have more information on that here:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/6818...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now