CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
NotNecessary
Level 1: Cadet

Incorrectly billed?

Answered
Hello,

My name is not of importance, the key point is that I live in Sweden.

My dad just asked me if I'd been in any sort of touch with a company called "Telstra". He told me he'd received a bill via email of 150AUD and was unsure if it was a scam or not.

Not a single person in my family have visited Oceania in our entire lives, nor have we even heard of this company.
Heck, we all already have our own service providers.

I'm sure you agree it sounds pretty ridiculous that we would be billed by something we know nothing about, let alone doesn't even exist in our country of residence.

Do your services **bleep** up like this regularly? I've seen a ton of posts here of people getting over-debited and not even getting their bills.

We're not paying the 150AUD, so what should we do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Incorrectly billed?

Hi 

If this is a bill for an account ending in 862 for $150.74 then it's actually a scam email. 

It hasn't been sent by Telstra, and it appears a huge amount of these were sent out over the last few days - to people all around the world.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi 

If this is a bill for an account ending in 862 for $150.74 then it's actually a scam email. 

It hasn't been sent by Telstra, and it appears a huge amount of these were sent out over the last few days - to people all around the world.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

NotNecessary

Thanks for your hasty response - I'm sorry to be a bother.

Have a nice day!
iem73iam

Received an incorrect bill via Australia Post  $495.48 

Account number is not ours nor is the phone number

iem73iam

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi iem73iam

When you say it was via Australia Post, do you mean through their online mailbox service?

Or did you get it through snail mail?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now