CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
123AJG
Level 1: Cadet

International Travel Pass Activation

The last twice that I have gone overseas, I have bought an International Travel Pass before I left Australia.

Both time, it has failed to activate, even though I received the text from Telstra saying that it would be activated within 24 hours.  Both times, I rang Telstra, and spent time on the phone getting it activated, and both times, when I returned to Australia I had to spend hours on the phone or on the online help getting the charges removed from my bill.

But the website still says "We recommend that you buy your Travel Pass when you arrive".   

Why can't I buy it here, and nominate a start time, and then get it to work?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: International Travel Pass Activation

Hey 123AJG,

I'm sorry that this Travel Pass is not able to be activated on a selected date, and do apologise for any inconvenience that this does cause you Smiley Sad At present this is a system limitation as the system will have this activated as soon as the order is processed and active. 

I will have your feedback on this being able to be activated on a nominated date passed on to the Products team for consideration on future updates to this service. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now