gwj312
Level 1: Cadet

International Travel Pass Disappointments

I have been a Telstra customer for many years but will transfer my mobile service to Vodafone after my most recent overseas holiday. Telstra's International Travel Pass and the AIR/FON Network are both poor and expensive. Why not allow me to use my Australian mobile package overseas for a small daily fee as do Vodafone and Optus.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: International Travel Pass Disappointments

Hi gwj312,

Thanks for the feedback, I have passed that on. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kruey

I absolutely agree....costs are far too outrageous
Mr_Gu

Agree re high cost compared to Vodafone roaming. Another unwarranted cost occurs when you follow the advice on the Telstra website: "....... when you arrive: turn on your mobile phone or tablet as soon as reach your destination, and ensure data roaming is switched on .........". Immediately you do that the sms, emails, notifications etc that have accummulated on your server while you are in the air, download to your mobile immediately before you have a chance to purchase a travel pass. The cost of the data always seems to be more than the cost of a day of the travel pass. If you have lots of data accumulated it appears cheaper to start the Travel Pass just prior to boarding the plane in Australia. Happy to learn a way to avoid the costs described or may be Telstra needs to modfiy their advice.

Elejj

Yup, 

I have just received my bill and  with the trave pass l have been charged another $460 how can this be accurate?

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now