CrowdSupport®
viewer
Level 8: Inspector

Joint Accounts

Can my Telstra account be a joint account with my wife?

If not, please, why not?

Lastlty, if joint account is acceptable, then why cannot both of us have Telstra Air access on different mobile phones?

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Joint Accounts

Hi viewer, 

Telstra services can only have 1 legal owner. 
You can have 2 names on the bill, but only 1 person is legally responsible for the services. 

You can access Telstra Air on different Mobile services, even across different accounts - that's no issue at all. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

viewer

Thanks for the reply.
I wonder why it is so to have 1 legally responsible person? Is that something Telstra have made as an internal policy different to other utility/rates/car insurances/etc, or is this a legal requirement that has been enforced upon Telstra?

I will need to read again about Telstra Air, as I wrongly thought that the one 13 digit account number I was given could only be applied to one mobile.

Are you saying, that if my wife and I have our own Telstra pre-paid mobiles, each naturally in our own names and not on a plan, that we can use that same number on both mobile phones and access Telstra Air?

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi viewer, 

It's our requirement - it keeps account management much more simple, particularly when an account becomes overdue, or goes to a debt collector.

So with Telstra Air, it will be activated on the account that has the Home Broadband service that has Telstra Air turned on. 

But from there you can give someone else your username and password (which are your My Account details whilst in Australia) and pop them into the Telstra Air app and get them up and running. You can connect up to three devices at the same time to the Telstra Air Network or you can connect one device at a time to Fon partner networks overseas

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

viewer

Thank you very much Steph...I think I have the grasp of it now!!

Thanks
John

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now