CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MarkParsons
Level 1: Cadet

KKO / Mia Pty Ltd scam / debacle interrupting my business

Answered

My business is also having to deal with this debacle, but for a different reason than for being charged for these subscriptions.

Firstly we are not even a Telstra mobile customers, yet we are caught up in this.

From talking to Telstra customers, the printed support number on the bill under third party charges is 13007244406 (11 digits long).

However when someone dials that number the phone network truncates the last digit off to 1300724440 (dropping the 6). There is no such thing as 11 digit 1300 numbers in Australia. 

As a result my 1300 business number has been inundated with support phone calls customers about these charges. Conservative figures put that into the hundreds of calls (of 10-15 mins duration) where we are forced to explain this issue to your customers that the support number is printed wrong.

Obviously at great interruption to our business.

Most of the callers to their credit have been understanding and reasonable after we have explained the matter - some have even apologised for putting us out and misdirecting their frustration. We have been sympathetic to their issue and attempted to help them.

Furthermore I have attempted to speak to support at Telstra a few times only to have it fall on deaf ears. The normal response is the predictable deflection "you have no personal account / bill with Telstra so we cannot verify your identity, thus we cannot speak about the MIA / KKO matter.... I will get someone to call you". So far we have had no phone call and we never get the same person twice to deal with the matter.

It has been going on for at least 6 months and I have frankly run out of patience.

I am left with the choice of now making this public on your crowd support forum. Failing this we will escalate to the TIO and other legal channels to have this matter dealt with (and looking at compensation for my business' lost time).

My business is called Digital Catalyst Group Pty Ltd  with ABN: 63 103 998 885 and our website link is at https://www.digcat.com. You can see that our 1300 number printed on the contact page.

We are not affiliated with KKO, MIA or Telstra in any way and want this to stop.

You can contact us at our 1300 number or using the printed KKO support 1300 number...... it works out to be the same destination much to everyones frustration.

Mark Parsons

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: KKO / Mia Pty Ltd scam / debacle interrupting my business

Apologies for any confusion Mark, I did misread.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused & I believe the issue is the incorrect number on our bill. 

I have had this escalated to my supervisor & our billing team so that we can get this matter rectified as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I can see that 1300 724 406 is the correct number & if you feel inclined, please feel free to pass on. 

Let me know if you have any other enquiries

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Support Team
Support Team

Hi MarkParsons,

For further information & if you're looking to unsubscribe, I'd recommend referring to http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles/Third-Party-Content-VS-Premium-Content-amp-How...

Let me know if you have any further enquiries

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

MarkParsons

Hi 

Sorry, but did you even read my post or just the title?

Telstra customers are calling my 1300 business number for support about Telstra's third party service relationships! 

Please do me the courtesy of actually reading my original post before replying again. 

Mark

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Apologies for any confusion Mark, I did misread.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused & I believe the issue is the incorrect number on our bill. 

I have had this escalated to my supervisor & our billing team so that we can get this matter rectified as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I can see that 1300 724 406 is the correct number & if you feel inclined, please feel free to pass on. 

Let me know if you have any other enquiries

View solution in original post

unhappycamper1

Unauthorised third party charges on my mobile bill

For the last 3 x months I have been disputing my Telstra bill with both Telstra & KKO stores. I have unauthorised and illegal charges made to my Telstra bill and as with everyone else who has placed comments on this board I am getting really frustrated. I have sent numerous emails to Kko and have spoken in depth to Telstra. I would never expect anyone to bill me on my credit card without my authorisation and I would expect Telstra to be the same. I have tried to block third party purchases. I have sent birth certificates, bank details, telephone bills etc to Kko stores expecting a refund, 3 x months later to no avail. I have in writing from Kko that they will reimburse the money, again to no avail. I have contacted Telstra and am getting tired with the handballing. I am about to take this to A Current Affair and the ACCC. Telstra should not allow this without the authorisation from their client. A bank does this when their has been some unlawful action in your account. Telstra, STOP THIS ACTION NOW. Absolute disgrace. My bill on my ph from KKO is $100 and as for my prepaid iPad, over $360. My 4 year old has no idea what she is pushing. 

Level 23: Superhero

Re: Unauthorised third party charges on my mobile bill

The easiest way to stop it is to disable premium content on your services. Then KKO, or any other 19 provider, can't bill your account.

The TIO specifically says, "The provider shares responsibility with the third party for resolving disputes about third party charges it bills to the consumer."

So if you've tried everything reasonable with KKO and not had the situation resolved, then you can take it up with Telstra. Should they also not 'come to the party' then you are within your rights to see an opinion/assistance from the TIO.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Bernard3

My business is also having the exact frustration MarkParsons was having early 2015.

We too are getting the "you have no personal account / bill with Telstra so we cannot verify your identity, thus we cannot speak about the MIA / KKO matter" response.

I ask that you please review the phone number you are giving out.

This is not just an inconvenience to my company but also to your customers whose time is being wasted.

markeparsons

Hi Bernard

This issue has still not gone away. And to top it they closed the post as "solved" and did nothing. Nothing short of pathetic. I reckon we are at atleast 400 irate calls.

I am taking it up direct with them again, and if this goes nowhere, I will be taking it to the TIO ombudsman.

Noone in this company has any authority to do anything or knows anything.

I wonder who I can send an invoice to for the lost time?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Markeparsons,

I do apologise that you have been experiencing ongoing issues with your Third Party Charges.

Do you possibly have a reference number pertaining to this or from recent communication with Telstra? These numbers usually come through via SMS or by Email. Types of reference numbers I can use can be found here https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/What-Reference-Numbers-can-I-obtain-from-...

- Jarred

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Bernard3

Hi JarredD,

It is not that we are being directly charged it is that we have to answer the phone calls of angry Telstra customers for you.

We have other work to do other than this.

Please give out the correct number not other businesses numbers

Tractms

I too, have these unauthorized charges. Rang telstra direct. They said they'll fix it.

They said the same last month too. Lets see what happens next month.

My issue solved again this time.

What about the 100's, maybe 1000's of other people with the same problem?

SO...... I called the WA Telecommunications Ombudsman. It turns out, if I make a complaint, it costs the Telco, (in this case Telstra,) a fee that's charged by the Telecommunications Ombudsman each time a complaint is made. 

So if one person makes a complaint, it's no big deal to Telstra.

But if everyone makes a complaint, it starts costing the Telco big bucks and this MIGHT be the way to get Telstra to address the overall problem.  Rather than fixing individual claims for a reimbursement ech time someone calls Telstra for a refund.

Let's make it an issue with Telstra so Telstra fix the underlying problem.

Raise a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman.................

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now