CrowdSupport®
Gabsy66
Level 1: Cadet

Keep getting bills for closed account

I am at my wits end. I closed my account and left Australia in June 2019 to return to uk. I kept getting bills, despite no longer having any Telstra services and despite phoning and cancelling everything a second and third time. I have spent ages on expensive calls and was guaranteed in September, on a 30 min call, that there would be no further bills and my account had definitely been closed and all charges removed as it was a Telstra error not mine. I now I have yet another bill, which they are now saying is overdue. I can’t use the  24 hr support from abroad, can’t find an email address I can contact and I am reluctant to spend more money on expensive calls. I have also tried using the feedback service requesting an email and no one has ever contacted me. Does anyone know how I can resolve this as everything I have tried hasn’t worked? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Keep getting bills for closed account

You should be able to use Livechat

If you are trying to use it from a mobile device, use a browser other than Safari (as it just doesn't work) and once the initial page opens, go into the settings of your browser and tell it to Request the Desktop site.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Gabsy66
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jupiter I am not sure how to do it from iPad, I am not very technical, do you know if there is an email I can simply contact someone on?

Highlighted

No. Telstra do not use email for customer enquiries.

On an iPad, download the Google Chrome app from the app store and open the app.

Open Livechat

Click on the 3 dot icon a the top of the browser window (which opens settings).

Select "Request Desktop Site"

Livechat will reopen using the desktop version of the site and then you will be able to select the options from the drop down lists to get through to the correct area.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View your current bill summary and pay your bill with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now